Jump to content

Achievement Cheat Sheet


Recommended Posts

This idea came from another topic. The moment right before you get an achievement, save your game. Then post your save file here for everyone. I've chosen a naming convention for the saves. [Name of achievement]-[UserName of person who submitted file] ex. Carnivore-SVV. I got the easy ones up to cycle 25 already.

I'll edit more files into the op when they are submitted.

 

Art Underground.sav

Bed and Bath.sav

Carnivore-SVV.sav

Ghosts of Gravitas.sav

Good Egg.sav

It's Not Raw.sav

Outdoor Renovations.sav

Red Light Green Light.sav

Royal Flush.sav

Slick.sav

Some Reservations.sav

To Pay the Bills.sav

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wehmut said:

This is a disrespectful and unfair thread as it devalues the achievements for all the other players. Imho this thread should be deleted.

Well, achievements are more like a challenge for you as a player. So if some people choose to eliminate that challenge for themselves, then it is their loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blash365 said:
3 hours ago, Wehmut said:

This is a disrespectful and unfair thread as it devalues the achievements for all the other players. Imho this thread should be deleted.

Well, achievements are more like a challenge for you as a player. So if some people choose to eliminate that challenge for themselves, then it is their loss.

If people are asking for it, I will supply it. You are free not to use these if you so choose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reward of an achievement is a personal one. Something like "uh..i got it...only 20% of the others did it. I am a good ONI player." But if you dont know if the other 20% really made it or just cheated it you have no measure to know if you have accomplished something meaningfull.

I also wonder why those who dont seek the challenge (which is fine) just ignore it instead of cheat it.

Those people  are just make the impression they have achieved something which they in fact havent. This isnt right. And everyone should know that.

I also wonder why this is possible in the official forums. It seems the developer approves this thread. I wouldnt wonder if you get those cheats in some dark corner of the steam community hubs...but advertising it here in the official forums also makes clear how Klei thinks about cheating in their games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wehmut said:

The reward of an achievement is a personal one. Something like "uh..i got it...only 20% of the others did it. I am a good ONI player." But if you dont know if the other 20% really made it or just cheated it you have no measure to know if you have accomplished something meaningfull.

I also wonder why those who dont seek the challenge (which is fine) just ignore it instead of cheat it.

Those people  are just make the impression they have achieved something which they in fact havent. This isnt right. And everyone should know that.

I also wonder why this is possible in the official forums. It seems the developer approves this thread. I wouldnt wonder if you get those cheats in some dark corner of the steam community hubs...but advertising it here in the official forums also makes clear how Klei thinks about cheating in their games.

This is a singleplayer game, another person obtaining the achievement has no effect on your gameplay. You don't need to compare to other people to achieve a sense of accomplishment.

You're also making a quite big assumption that people who "cheat" the accomplishment are doing it to brag, I don't think anyone is. It would be immediately obvious is someone tries to claim they completed the achievement when they are not capable of doing so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chintam said:

This is a singleplayer game, another person obtaining the achievement has no effect on your gameplay. You don't need to compare to other people to achieve a sense of accomplishment.

If that is true, what is the purpose of cheating those achievements?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Wehmut said:

If that is true, what is the purpose of cheating those achievements?

Having the knowledge to beat it without wasting the time to do it. That's one I can think of. Another has to do with achievement progress saying achievements are disabled due to using sandbox/debug even if you haven't. That one is my problem and the only fix I have for it is watching it every few cycles in case it changes from eligible to not eligible. Once I have all the achievements I won't have to worry about constantly watching it.

If you want achievement worthy stuff, I could make a challenge map that will put your skills to the test. I was talking about that with samson.oni

Spoiler
On 10/16/2019 at 2:11 AM, BLACKBERREST3 said:

If I knew how to make my own custom maps, I would make it have a starting biome with the usual oxygen and food, but everything surrounding it is a few raw metals and minerals while the rest of the map is open space. There will be a few pockets here and there that won't be completely visible until you go through a door like the ruins. This little asteroid pocket (surrounded by bunker tiles) will contain either a unique critter/volcano or a chlorine geyser with more metals and minerals to dig up. The map will only ever have 1 of each type of these volcanoes and critters meaning there is no chance of getting any other geysers or oil wells. The bottom of the map will be made out of a layer of neutronium and large super volcanoes to vaporize incoming comets. The goal is to thrive and/or escape the asteroid like normal. I guarantee it's possible and just so we don't make it too easy, the printing pod will not send you care packages.

While writing this, I decided I might as well just make it with debug. I'll post it later.

I'm having trouble finding a custom map with only space as the biome.

 

I'm still having trouble finding/making an all space map. The mod empterra no longer works for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...