A monolith to go to the lunar island: the unclean creature of the moon, "the Eye from deep space". With sketches.

"On the lunar island there was a stele. Of a black and impenetrable material, there was no way to scratch or melt it in any way.
On it were engraved signs of an unknown language.
Still, I could understand what was written there.
I wasn't really translating, it was as if the voice of an invisible creature was whispering to me the meaning of those signs, as if the deep meaning of that text was creeping into my mind.
It told of a creature who lived on the Moon, whose cyclical advent on earth was ready to repeat itself.
Ten cycles were missing.
He understood that I had to prepare myself; whatever was coming from the sky, it seemed to be the end of the world."

Wilson P. Higgsbury; 20 October 1925

image.thumb.png.1c1e2ad42cac8d76ff4d3bb78a1bf48e.png

-

In the next update, I really think that Klei should give the lunar island an greater important role in the game.

In my opinion there should be a monolith above, where the player can discover the imminent arrival of a catastrophe: a lunar monster, which will come from the sky and bring death and destruction with its advent.
An indestructible creature, scratchable only with lunar artifacts!
Here is the compelling need to reach the island and accumulate lunar glass. This time the faithful Ham Bat will not be able to help.

2 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

Concept art of the lunar creature

image.thumb.png.a56bfeef42a35587cd819fb0fd0096c3.png

"And I saw in the sky the unclean eye of something colossal and alien, whose horrible vision almost made me lose consciousness..."

maybe two combat type boss first we see, first kill arms in the sea and kill main part , head or brain whatever on the island orr.... do same time both of them ?! one group or player try to stop arms or other things on the sea other group or player fighting main part ?

While I fancy the Monolith and "Moon" Lovecraftian cosmic/eldritch horror monster-boss idea, the actual conceptual design of the Monolith is too reminiscent of "2001: A Space Odyssey" (as @BellumOmnes rightfully points it). Imo said visual of mentioned Monolith should be more akin to some aquatic Art Nouveau style with an antediluvian look to it, its corners being rounded and smooth, maybe the writings should be in undulating shapes reminiscent of tentacles and such. As color goes, most likely a metallic blue-white tint leaning into some diffuse green.

Archived