Interesting Megabase Room Ideas?

SpoonyBardIV

I'm in the process of building a very large Megabase. I have made a lot of space to put things, but the problem I am now facing is that I have run out of ideas for what to put in them. What I already have is:

-Essential Plants (Grass, Saplings, Trees, etc.)

-Multiple Kitchens (Crock Pots, Ice Boxes and other such things)

-Ice Makers

-Dragoon Farm (Using Royal Guards)

-Bamboo

-Viney Bushes

-Elephant Cacti

-Farms with all of the vegetables necessary for said Kitchens

-Beefalo Pen

-Volt Goat Pen

-Rock Lobsters

-Moleworm Farm

-Evil Flower Farm

-Varg Farm

-Gnat Mounds

-Bee Boxes (A  LOT of them)

-Drying Racks

-EXCESSIVE amounts of Coffee

-Silk Farm (Spider Dens and Bunny Hutches)

-Chests

-Doy Doys

I've only filled about two thirds of the rooms in the base, but I have no more ideas of what do do with them. Does anyone have any interesting ideas? However, please don't suggest Nettles, because I am in RoG and have no access to a sprinkler (Seriously, Klei should make the sprinkler able to use what is OBVIOUSLY WATER at the edge of RoG worlds).

eye plant->leafymeat->egg farm?

snakeskin farm? anything SW related.

poop farm

reeds farm

tentacles farm

light bulb farm

bee string farm

Tea Trees and piko spawner

I grow my nettles without sprinklers.

5d960010b6a06_DontStarveScreenshot2019_10.03-22_04_37_96.thumb.png.ef9569bf858c5c20e47d310544895cfc.png

1 hour ago, Mday said:

snakeskin farm? anything SW related.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

reeds farm

1 hour ago, Mday said:

light bulb farm

1 hour ago, Mday said:

tentacles farm

How would I do any of these? Viney Bushes planted by the player don't produce snakes, and the rest are either non-transplantable or non-renewable.

Also, how do you grow Nettles without a sprinkler? Only being able to collect them during Spring seems like it wouldn't be that useful...

Other than that, great ideas!

1) light bulb +reeds + *big* tentacles: You can find the biome in the cave. Ideally you want to find a spot with many big tentacles and lightbulb. Reeds are optional because you can have reeds trap that gives you way better reeds farm. Build a ton of bunnyman house nearby. place a bird cage and 3~4 farms and grow carrot. Use 1 carrot to befriend a bunnyman, then order the bunnyman to kill the big tentacles in the area. grab all the tentacles spikes/ tentacles spot. Clear all the spiders as well if you want. Now build a seaworthy there, use it to teleport to SW

2) snakeskin farm: Now find an island with tons of snakes spawner. remove all the flowers/trees/monkey. Cover the whole place with lighting rod. plant some Elephant Cactus next to snakes spawner. Go find the Seaworthy and relocate it to this snake island. build the skyworthy next to the seaworth, use the skyworthy to teleport back to your base. My snake island also have fishermerm house x 2 and some ponds for SW fish.

As for the nettles farming issue:

Sprinkler isn't that useful IMO. It has bad watering area, it require fuels and the fuel tank is small so I am kinda stuck with the thing to keep it refueled. The layout of the pipe is bad and hard to control. Forced to place it near a pond etc.

My solution is to grow many nettles at once and make stockpiles of harvest during rainly season. In hamlet, it takes about 1 full year of rain for nettle to reach maturity. I use green book *while it is rainning* to mass produce nettles. You can use Telelocator Staff/Dripple Pipes to call for rain if you are really desperate for a harvest. Be aware that dripple pipes may not work in hamlet for the rain it produce may not be heavy enough to make nettle open up.

Also this weevole farm:

5d962c284ea6c_DontStarveScreenshot2019_10.04-01_12_49_25.thumb.png.69fd9120ed477079ea51e391b6af5a03.png

Archived