Jump to content

New Asteroid


Recommended Posts

I had the idea of a new asteroid, the infested asteroid. It would be like any other of the asteroids, except there will be a new creature exclusive to the asteroid. An insect-like hivemind that has a main nest and has workers that can fly and dig/rearrange , materials to build their nest and make tunnels systems and are extremely hostile towards anything. They would work a bit like the dupes, as in, they would be able to upgrade themselves after a while and dig through harder materials, maybe going as far as to burrow into neutronium.There could also be terrestrial warriors that are harder to kill. The hive would produce new workers and warriors at a rate of 0.5/cycle. The only way to get rid of the hive is to dig it and kill the queen. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That`s a pretty complicated idea, more like a specific scenario. Would change the game a lot. Sounds like something someone would mod in but it would take a lot of time to do.

Maybe for dlc. But even then it would have to be contained within one biome. Like an alien hivemind biome. With a queen, workers and warriors producing certain stuff and consuming other, maybe mining some rock or ore and converting it into corridors (like the dupe base). You could enter it to harvest the material they used to produce it but they would be hostile if you did. Maybe the corridors hould be 1 tile high so dupes can`t just walk in.

Still they shouldn`t be able to dig through the abyssalite walls so you don`t have to fight them and can just ignore the hive completely. Maybe you could also catch some of the workers and tame them like critters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Still they shouldn`t be able to dig through the abyssalite walls so you don`t have to fight them and can just ignore the hive completely. Maybe you could also catch some of the workers and tame them like critters.

This way, it could be a special trait when generating a new game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game opted for a specific design path that tells you the real danger is physics - temperature, suffocation, entombment, disease etc.

I do not like the idea of adding a hostile mob that is at odds with that specific game design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2.10.2019 at 11:25 AM, Tobruk said:

The game opted for a specific design path that tells you the real danger is physics - temperature, suffocation, entombment, disease etc.

I do not like the idea of adding a hostile mob that is at odds with that specific game design.

Don`t Starve didn`t opt to be a game about fighting, thus the combat system was pretty basic. Now look how many bosses the game has. While it wouldn`t work this way for ONI some hostile mobs would spice the game and a boss encounter of some sort could provide a challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, Stenny127 said:

I had the idea of a new asteroid, the infested asteroid. It would be like any other of the asteroids, except there will be a new creature exclusive to the asteroid. An insect-like hivemind that has a main nest and has workers that can fly and dig/rearrange , materials to build their nest and make tunnels systems and are extremely hostile towards anything. They would work a bit like the dupes, as in, they would be able to upgrade themselves after a while and dig through harder materials, maybe going as far as to burrow into neutronium.There could also be terrestrial warriors that are harder to kill. The hive would produce new workers and warriors at a rate of 0.5/cycle. The only way to get rid of the hive is to dig it and kill the queen. 

 

Sounds like starcraft 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...