New goggles for Wagstaff

SpoonyBardIV

Okay. First off, let me say that while i do love Wagstaff, I still believe he is lacking in terms of goggles. He is pretty much forced to wear some form of goggles all the time, and there is currently a lot of headwear without Wagstaff equivalents. So, I had a few ideas for some new goggles to help Wagstaff in different scenarios.

Heated Goggles: Mainly used to slow freezing in Winter. Made with 2 Beefalo Wool and a Thermal Stone. The disadvantage of these would be that standing close to any flammable object for more than 10 seconds would cause it to start smoldering. For example, you would have to walk away from most trees before you finish chopping, and come back 5 seconds later to reset the cooldown. As a side effect it would produce the mild orange waves at the edge of the screen, like the ones that appear when you are ALMOST overheating.

Deluxe Goggles: Made with 2 Boards and 2 Gold Nuggets. Would function identically to the regular Goggles, but rather than losing durability based on the time worn they would lose durability when Wagstaff takes damage, like armor. Except they wouldn't block any damage.

Refuelable Infro-Goggles: This one is simple. Just make the Infro-Goggles refuelable - with Electrical Doodads!

Thulecite Visor: Made with 2 Thulecite, a Red Gem and a Visor. A Thulecite version of the Visor. Would function like a Thulecite Crown, but would obscure vision.

Umbrella Goggles: Made with a Deerclops Eye, 2 Pig Skin and 2 Cut Stone. Would function like an Eyebrella, protecting you from rain and heat.

Magnifying Goggles: Made with a Magnifying Glass and a set of regular Goggles. Would allow the camera to zoom out further without being obscured by clouds or forced to zoom back in.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Thulecite Visor: Made with 2 Thulecite, a Red Gem and a Visor. A Thulecite version of the Visor. Would function like a Thulecite Crown, but would obscure vision.

Umbrella Goggles: Made with a Deerclops Eye, 2 Pig Skin and 2 Cut Stone. Would function like an Eyebrella, protecting you from rain and heat.

Wagstaff's biggest downside is that he can't use any non-goggle head items without having blurry vision. It would kind of muddle the point of that downside if he had goggles that just give him the effects of the best head items he's missing out on.

For example, the umbrella goggles. Those would just be an eyebrella for Wagstaff, and so he'd avoid rain just like any other character. As it is now, though, if you want rain protection as Wagstaff without blurry vision, you'll have to do things like:
- Wear a raincoat.
- Wear a snakeskin jacket and hold an umbrella.
- Wear no (or little) rain protection, but set up areas for drying off with a palm leaf hut + a dropped obsidian tool (they'll still dry you off on the ground without any charge!)
- Spend lots of time in interiors, where the rain can't get you.
Playing a character with a downside means finding ways to work around that downside, and I'm sure you could find more if you got creative enough.

2 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Okay. First off, let me say that while i do love Wagstaff, I still believe he is lacking in terms of goggles. He is pretty much forced to wear some form of goggles all the time, and there is currently a lot of headwear without Wagstaff equivalents. So, I had a few ideas for some new goggles to help Wagstaff in different scenarios.

Heated Goggles: Mainly used to slow freezing in Winter. Made with 2 Beefalo Wool and a Thermal Stone. The disadvantage of these would be that standing close to any flammable object for more than 10 seconds would cause it to start smoldering. For example, you would have to walk away from most trees before you finish chopping, and come back 5 seconds later to reset the cooldown. As a side effect it would produce the mild orange waves at the edge of the screen, like the ones that appear when you are ALMOST overheating.

Deluxe Goggles: Made with 2 Boards and 2 Gold Nuggets. Would function identically to the regular Goggles, but rather than losing durability based on the time worn they would lose durability when Wagstaff takes damage, like armor. Except they wouldn't block any damage.

Refuelable Infro-Goggles: This one is simple. Just make the Infro-Goggles refuelable - with Electrical Doodads!

Magnifying Goggles: Made with a Magnifying Glass and a set of regular Goggles. Would allow the camera to zoom out further without being obscured by clouds or forced to zoom back in.

I would love to see new Goggles and these are swell ideas!

I am sure we will get new stuff related Wagstaff further down the road since he is an over all DS character then just limited to HAM.

even new inventions like the ones from Winona such as Turrets, Catapults, Generators and so forth!

uh, how about just giving a slot for eye, separate from head slot

his Spectoggles which is his starting item

latest?cb=20190418233225is equiped at eye's slot

all other his goggles use head slot instead

but it's not gonna make sense because Wilba doesn't have a necklace slot for this

latest?cb=20190208165142

Archived