Future plans for ONI?

On 3/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

With that, we feel Oxygen Not Included is ready for a full launch. After we've officially launched, we will continue to make quality of life improvements and bug fixes, while the bulk of the team will be moving on to building DLC for the game, where we can explore further ideas and expansions to ONI's world.

It looks like they're shifting gears to DLC.

Don't take it the wrong way but, no...the heaps and heaps of suggestion allready made would suffice for oni 9000. So why repeat and add to mountain Tldr?

So there's no perfect timing for anything...and quite frankly since they've ''finished'' the game and moved their ''a-team'' to DLC and left the finished but still in dire need for optimisation game in the hand of other co workers I feel the update quality has gone down...

That's my opinion, don't crucify me please, still got love for klei but thinking of DLC doesn't tempt me atm...

6 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Don't take it the wrong way but, no...the heaps and heaps of suggestion allready made would suffice for oni 9000. So why repeat and add to mountain Tldr?

So there's no perfect timing for anything...and quite frankly since they've ''finished'' the game and moved their ''a-team'' to DLC and left the finished but still in dire need for optimisation game in the hand of other co workers I feel the update quality has gone down...

That's my opinion, don't crucify me please, still got love for klei but thinking of DLC doesn't tempt me atm...

I agree we got a ton of suggestions but it doesn`t mean we shouldn`t add more. Like it doesn`t harm anyone to suggest new stuff. And we know the devs look around the suggestion forums for ideas. I`m pretty sure they got already some ideas on what the future content will be but before it`s finalized they might test around new ideas and the earlier in development the more likely they try some of the wierder stuff the community comes up with.

The base of the game is finished but it`s a foundation on which a ton of stuff can be build. Meanwhile the base could also use some work. It`s not perfect by any means. But now when nothing is being added to the base game for quite a while they can spend some time to fix some of the issues. I think they just decided to take their time to do that as there is no deadline atm so we don`t get updates too often. I`m expecting the next patch to be a complex optimization or bugfix patch but it might come even a over a month from now. Give them time.

I`m always excited for new content but i agree that there needs to be some fixes to the base before the dlc hits. The dlc is just now starting development so thereis a lot of time to fix stuff. Lets hope they manage to do it.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m always excited for new content but i agree that there needs to be some fixes to the base before the dlc hits. The dlc is just now starting development so thereis a lot of time to fix stuff. Lets hope they manage to do it.

I can agree with this. Hope they make it a strong game, DLC or not! But either way...their prime objective is, or should be, bugfixin,...time will tell, I'll try to stay positive. 

Archived