How did WX-78 end up in the constant?

image.png.74dec02eed4cedc068544a50d091f165.png

This is what I wanna know. When and how did WX-78 enter the constant? 

Where were they? - We didn't see any signs of WX-78 besides a blueprint at the very beginning of the "Next of Kin" short. 

image.png.72faa76e656a6415997593be4eab201f.png

What do campfires remind them of? - At first thought the Voxola factory came to mind, but we didn't see WX-78 enter the portal. Could it be that the initial explosion from inside Wagstaff's(?) office has some correlation with WX-78? Or was it simply the portal activating?

image.png.ebac1b763ffa95c6130c2b98315e10ee.png

Wagstaff's Shock? - image.png.0ede41f48ee496626de54979a3c5f5e9.png

Here's where my biggest question lies, since Wagstaff had created WX-78, it would be safe to assume they sent them out to investigate the constant, right? However, what would you need a robot scout for if you could've just sent a hologram projection of yourself(?)

image.png.e70e396ac3d9ed76f25c473b193a91a0.png 

So is it possible that WX-78 was somehow separated from Wagstaff before the Voxola Factory burned down? I'd like to learn how Wagstaff and his creation were separated if this was the case. Since Wagstaff and WX-78 share some sort of logic (i,e: both demonstrating that the "Broken AAC Device" trinket is missing a "DR356X001") Is it possible that WX-78 also shared interest in the throne's power and found their own way to the constant?

WX.thumb.png.b3aab2ee82828a4fdaac057f8d724dde.png

A theory that doesn't really have any backing, but is interesting regardless: Is that Wagstaff sent WX-78 through the portal as the initial means of "scouting" the Constant, but something likely went wrong. Lost access/connection to them—essentially forgot about them entirely. 

The Wagstaff we can play as is a similar iteration of the project but this time just being a hologram/projection of Wagstaff himself. WX-78 ends up gaining sentience through unknown means (I'd like to think the moon to due several reasons)—and the fact that he's still intact. let alone self-automating. surprises Wagstaff.

Do I think this is all true? Hardly. There's essentially no compelling evidence, but it's a neat thought.

It's hard to say exactly what his history is—especially with the knowledge that the real world was somewhat aware of clockworks.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RenownedSlickChimpanzeeSSSsss

The holographic form of Wagstaff might have been made to see where WX was if WX was taken by Them some time before Wagstaff entered the constant. Did he end up here in this time or over here 50 years later? The twitch clip should be taken with a grain of salt, as it probably was a joke. Like how Shaggy from Scooby doo is a powerful warrior.

It is possible that WX was taken during the fire and Wagstaff was somewhere else. If Wagstaff was somewhere else then the holographic form could be some kind of protection so that Wagstaff doesn't die or doesn't get stuck but may or may not still actually be able to die and might be stuck anyway.

Archived