A Woodie thread has appeared! (Ideas,concepts and tweaks)

Alright, so I thought about Woodie's rework and I think that it's a good concept, but it needs some tuning, so here are my ideas:

Weregoose:

Spoiler
  • Tweak his speed to be above a charged WX-78's with a walking cane
  • Give him a hability to swim for better exploring
  • Give him a way to attack/intimidate mobs
  • Give him a hability to get a speed boost for a short time

Weremoose:

Spoiler

I actually don't have any ideas, except for stat changes, so nothing worth reading

Werebeaver:

Spoiler
  • Make him able to gnaw stumps in one bite
  • Make him able to gnaw Glommer's flower out of it's statue.
  • Raise his damage against tree guards to dark sword damage
  • Make him more likely to be obtained when eating monster meat/during full moons.

In general:

Spoiler
  • Give the wereforms a way to regain the weremeter/make them last longer.
  • Raise the crafting cost of the idols
  • Make the idols not take away health and sanity.
  • Take away his hunger instead of making him at starving point.
  • Give Lucy more quotes

And those are my ideas for Woodie's rebalence, his rework could make him a more interesting character, but the wereforms are quite underwhelming. If you have any other ideas or changes you would make, feel free to comment!

I like the downsides. It makes it interesting. Counter acting them makes him very dynamic.

Preparing meat stew for transformations, and coasting your hunger down to low numbers for more value, Feals rewarding.

Remember that there is no sanity on the lunar biome so woodie will constantly be able to transform, at the cost HP. HP that can be easily recovered because he as no diet restrictions.

That said.. LET WERE FORMS SWIM!!!

i'd say let goose be a short duration transformation with high speed and the ability to swim + jump across gaps. 

Beaver is fine now but yeah it would be a nice addition to let him have extra damage against treeguards.

Moose should move faster and have a longer duration. It's hard to kite with him when he moves as fast as a slug.

13 minutes ago, Troppok said:

I like the downsides. It makes it interesting. Counter acting them makes him very dynamic.

Preparing meat stew for transformations, and coasting your hunger down to low numbers for more value, Feals rewarding.

Remember that there is no sanity on the lunar biome so woodie will constantly be able to transform, at the cost HP. HP that can be easily recovered because he as no diet restrictions.

That said.. LET WERE FORMS SWIM!!!

Well he can still lose hunger, just have it not set to zero, instead have him lose 100 to 125 hunger points. Also the trade-off that I thought for not losing health or sanity was that the idols would be more expensive

Mainly, I see a lot of untapped potential in Weregoose and your ideas are greatly improving it. As someone else said they should have either made long mediocre transformations or short powerful ones but instead they made short mediocre ones instead.

For the Goose to remedy that, it needs to really be fast, more than cane WX. I dont think this form should be able to replenish Weremeter as it'd be such an op scout but the meter should be lenghtened and slowed significantly by running around.

For swimming and jumping across it should have two options: if there is a small ravine in caves or made by a river/sea it should be able to dash across by flapping wings rapidly, almost touching the sea like a landing goose and get across like wortox. (Should be initiated by right clicking intended point across the chasm so he doesnt perfom this automatically without a target and fall into pits in caves)

For actual swimming, not to make sailing obsolete, it should make the flapping motion for a few tiles and then land in the sea, float and swim like a duck but be rather slowly, like the piggyback speed. In this state it should have increased weremeter drain as it is not speeding. It should have the dash to land option by doing that wingflapping dash if its close to land.

Goose's weremeter should last longer but still be shortest for goose and it should be slow significantly when running and dashing but sped up while standing idle or swimming. Its logical to lose a lot of hunger for running so fast but instead of immediate starvation, perhaps ~10 hunger should be preserved. (Hunger should be lowered the most in this form in order to balance very high speed, dashing and swimming, hunger penalty shoukd vary between forms)

It doesn't require an attack or an intimidation taunt imo but could have a weak peck attack and have lower chance to agro and shorter time agro stay like and unlike Wes in forge.

Finally to add in to the curse element and make normal woodie gameplay more different than a Wilson with better axe, transformations should be forced by specific situations as someone said in forums. Fot Goose, in order to emphasize the fast, fleeing aspect it should be forced when woodie's health is lowered below 20% by an attack (not everytime but once in a while like a whole day or after healing above 50% after returning to human form, similar to mighty wolfgang in forge) so to limit woodie from calculating damage and staying in long fights without healing (but would also benefit his survivability-this transformation should have invincibility frames while transforming)

The idols should have different usage costs imo (for example moose should cost almost no health not to hinder fighting) but I think goose can retain the highest Hp cost for transformation amongst 3 idols to retain the 'getting damaged-fleeing to fight later' concept of this form.

Archived