Blocked Pipe

10 hours ago, SiQuen said:

Because he says it is blocked and pumps little water :(

A pump can only pump as much water as other builings can accept. If the pipe is full it shows as blocked and doesn`t use power. It`s actually a good thing most of the time. Your only buildings taking the water are the electrolizers which take very little water and the bathroom complex which only takes water when used. The system is working fine and the pump only activates when it`s needed so saves power.

btw The sink should be on the other side of the lavatory. Dupes only wash their hands when passing by it.

15 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

A pump can only pump as much water as other builings can accept. If the pipe is full it shows as blocked and doesn`t use power. It`s actually a good thing most of the time. Your only buildings taking the water are the electrolizers which take very little water and the bathroom complex which only takes water when used. The system is working fine and the pump only activates when it`s needed so saves power.

btw The sink should be on the other side of the lavatory. Dupes only wash their hands when passing by it.

thank you very much for your help now I know that everything works well. I still have a problem 
with ventilation, he writes that I have too much pressure in the pipes. Need to make a pressure regulator?

If your oxygen pipes are full, then the air surrounding the vent is at sufficient pressure.  It will diffuse from there and more oxygen will be let out, but slowly.  To speed things up, you can add some bridges and run pipes/vents to several locations around the base.

I like to have one vent per floor level.

12 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

If your oxygen pipes are full, then the air surrounding the vent is at sufficient pressure.  It will diffuse from there and more oxygen will be let out, but slowly.  To speed things up, you can add some bridges and run pipes/vents to several locations around the base.

I like to have one vent per floor level.

OK thanks. Last questions, where to get oil? and what can I use slime and polluted oxygen and polluted water for?

EDIT: how to create energy without a running generator?

you have no airflow tiles?! also like, a ton of batteries..? none of your rooms are rooms..? powered fridges above FREE co2 food storage options.. . arrghh!

however, oil can be found from leaky fissures, and/or oil wells (near the bottom of the map) as well as from slicksters (also found at the bottom or via the printing pod) slime can be used for various things (turn to algae, food for mushrooms, to create po2, as well as other things) polluted water can be cleaned or fed to plants or used in refineries or left to offgas, or about ten million other things.. to generate energy.. there are a LOT of ways. depending on your skill/patience. what specifically did you want to use?

28 minutes ago, thewreckedangle said:

you have no airflow tiles?! also like, a ton of batteries..? none of your rooms are rooms..? powered fridges above FREE co2 food storage options.. . arrghh!

however, oil can be found from leaky fissures, and/or oil wells (near the bottom of the map) as well as from slicksters (also found at the bottom or via the printing pod) slime can be used for various things (turn to algae, food for mushrooms, to create po2, as well as other things) polluted water can be cleaned or fed to plants or used in refineries or left to offgas, or about ten million other things.. to generate energy.. there are a LOT of ways. depending on your skill/patience. what specifically did you want to use?

How could you say to improve my base because I learn everything how they work. I also have a problem with food spoilage, food in the fridge should not spoil.

as for polluted water or oil, I will learn everything myself and now I don't want to use it for anything.

Refrigerated food still spoils eventually.  It just takes longer.  To completely prevent spoilage you have to store the food in a sterile (i.e. non oxygen, non polluted oxygen) environment.  Storing in co2 will prevent spoilage.  Storing in chlorine will prevent spoilage and kill any existing germs.

1 hour ago, Soulwind said:

Refrigerated food still spoils eventually.  It just takes longer.  To completely prevent spoilage you have to store the food in a sterile (i.e. non oxygen, non polluted oxygen) environment.  Storing in co2 will prevent spoilage.  Storing in chlorine will prevent spoilage and kill any existing germs.

so I have to give a fridge to CO2 so ok, and it's a non-breathable gas so duplicates won't have a problem using this room?

Fridge (can be unpowered), food bin (these are what I use.  They hold less than two fridges, but I like the look more), or even just dropping on the ground.

Dupes can hold their breath for quite awhile, so no you won't have an issue unless you put the pantry so far away that they give up and go look for air. 

I usually start by just putting the pantry at the bottom of my base where co2 gathers naturally.   Later,  I build a real storage area in chlorine and use auto sweepers to pick up and deliver food.

Archived