How to generate a smaller map

I want to generate a small size of the map, I know default size was 256 * 384,  so I want a generate a map with 128 * 192 (Both was halved), unfortunately, It was failed and tell me something went wrong,  so how can I generate a smaller map or the minimum size of a map

9 minutes ago, dallion said:

I want to generate a small size of the map, I know default size was 256 * 384,  so I want a generate a map with 128 * 192 (Both was halved), unfortunately, It was failed and tell me something went wrong,  so how can I generate a smaller map or the minimum size of a map

Double posted, Delete one of these

Navigate to

..\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds\

Open the file for your desired asteroid type, for example:

SandstoneDefault.yaml

for Terra.

Edit these variables:

worldsize:
  X: 256
  Y: 384

Generate a Terra map.

Spoiler

Enjoy your space, sandstone, oil, and magma biome only map.

map.thumb.png.7853e26b95ac7d9d7f2d9dbb5d2140ef.pngmap2.thumb.png.036a3036be78859deca6c4fb5bad9197.png

If it crashes, try again. There are some combinations of traits that might break with smaller maps. Probably, keep the size in multiples of 16.

If you read a bit further in the yaml file,  you'll see the other biomes listed in groups of how far from the starting zone they can be spawned.  So yes a smaller map could lock out some of the biomes that could normally spawn. 

I used this to add the potential of forest biomes in the Terra map,  as well as turning on world traits. 

11 hours ago, Soulwind said:

If you read a bit further in the yaml file,  you'll see the other biomes listed in groups of how far from the starting zone they can be spawned.  So yes a smaller map could lock out some of the biomes that could normally spawn. 

Somebody should take the time to go through the files and change the restrictions to become percentage of the map size instead of fixed number of cells. I wonder if Klei will accept outside patches like that if they are done properly. It will make the world generation a whole lot more stable when modding them, particularly if we mod the map size.

Archived