how to create a morb?

Guest aresd

Previously, it was possible to prohibit cleaning the toilet and after 3 cycles, a morb appears. How to do it now? The prohibition of cleaning the toilet is already 20+ cycles. Did I miss some patch that changed the mechanics?

If this is not how you create a morb then I would also like an answer to this. 

However if they patched that and changed it, it must have been in one of the post release patches and very recently since I have had morbs spawn from toilets less than 2 weeks ago in my previous play-through.

19 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Are you sure you're doing it right?
To be precise, you need an outhouse that is full and in need of cleaning. after about 1.5 cycle a morb will spawn from this. Unless something changed in the last week, this is how I've created my 30+ morb farm in my current game.

I already figured out what the problem is. Now there is no function in toilets - the prohibition of cleaning. There is only its shutdown. If you turn off the toilet - the morbs will not appear. The only option is to block the toilets in the room so that duplicates cannot get there for cleaning. Why did the developers do this?

7 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Also set the cleaning priority to 1, so while you wait for the time for the door to the room to be locked, they won't go behind your back and clean it.

this is exactly what i did. But in fact, I don’t understand why the developers removed the button - the prohibition of cleaning. So that I do not abuse the morbs? What is the point if there is still a chance for abusers ?

now they do not produce contaminated oxygen at a pressure of 6 kg per cell. So hard to play this game with empty documentation

11 hours ago, aresd said:

now they do not produce contaminated oxygen at a pressure of 6 kg per cell. So hard to play this game with empty documentation

It's pretty easy to harvest oxygen from morbs anyway. This is a puzzle game, get experimenting!

Sheer stupidity. It’s even impossible to automate now normally so that it doesn’t look dumb. It is necessary to control the external gas pressure, put the automatic doors higher by two cells, so that the morbs do not run away. If you build a control point, then the duplicates are constantly standing in it, waiting for access. They do not work, they just stand in the doorway waiting for them to be let in for cleaning. The toilet cannot be turned off, if you turn it off - the morb will not be created.
What for? Creating problems just for the sake of problems. And so illogical and stupid that I have no words.

If you want to stop dupes cleaning one already full, while using the others, not yet full, you can simply put them all to priority 1, disable other toilets and restrict access for all dedicated janitors.

If you want to transport spawned morbs with traps, you can leave one tile high gap in the wall, dupes can’t walk through that, but morbs can. Then simply put traps outside the spawner, you de not need to move them however.

As for pumping, simply don’t, instead make the roof of the holding pen from mesh tiles and put layer of water over it, with layer of deodorizers. Then you can pump the high pressure oxygen for much less power, directly to the exosuit docks and not worry about the slimelung at all.

Archived