Ceramic Pipe Overheating for no reason

Can anyone help me pinpoint why this Insulated Pipe made of Ceramic keeps taking overheat damage? It's getting water/polluted water from the cold biome at around 5 degrees temp, and coming out at 60-90 degrees. It's not vaporizing, it's way too low temperature to be causing this, the pipe itself is only 37 degrees, and the Metal Refinery is at 50 (Also made of ceramic). Someone please enlighten me if I'm missing something, it's driving me nuts.

image.thumb.png.93a8afdd7ed275471fead37503977f0d.png

The UI is a bit misleading. The pipe is not overheating, instead the material inside is overheating. Water overheats, transforms into steam and bursts the pipe. You have to be particularly careful about using water coolant in a refinery, if blue water starts at 50C or more then steel smelting can break it.

1 hour ago, Unfawkable said:

Can anyone help me pinpoint why this Insulated Pipe made of Ceramic keeps taking overheat damage?

The reason here is that you are using two waters (maybe it is bug if that should be allowed).

For test pumping in 10kg clean and 1kg polluted water at 16.9C:

cooling_refinery_mixed1.thumb.png.11a421b5590150f007ebe5ac122b5e47.png

First cooling is done with mixed 400kg water (303 clean and 97 polluted).

Then when done, result is 72.9C but only polluted water goes out and clean water is mixed with new cold water to make 400kg and reused again.
It makes 56.3C so it is now too much...

cooling_refinery_mixed2.thumb.png.25a9097fa1c8ea7d44543b464d85decf.png

After second use of refinery pipe is broken as basically that 300+ kg clean water was used two times for cooling.

cooling_refinery_mixed3.thumb.png.bf32038eef1131226e8aa31a17234a0d.png

Archived