Questions about wild critters debuffs and "ranching"

To my understanding, wild critters reproduction rate is unaffected by any defuff, correct?
Does this apply to "confined" as well?
I was trying to find a way to exploit wild pokeshells, i wanted to find a space efficient way to "store" them, so that I need few sweepers.
I've been putting them into 2x4 rooms, multiple ones since a critter drop off allows up to 20 critters. I was expecting "overcrowded" and/or "cramped", but not "confined", so far i've only seen in in critters trapped in 1x1 rooms or inside tiles/doors.
Can anyone explain how this works to me in detail?
Does anyone have a better way to "store" pokeshells?
Thanks!

Each critter has differrent values for being cramped / overcrowded (I don't know the exact numbers) based on the size of the room and the number of critters in the room

Afaik only shove voles don't get cramped 

But you could use liquid airlocks instead of doors (or some other way to keep your critters from escaping) in order to circumvent the room size

19 hours ago, suxkar said:

Does anyone have a better way to "store" pokeshells?

After you reached your 20 critter limit, just remove the door from your room, and leave a 1 tile gap so the pokeshells can't escape. That's how I do it. (I keep 'em in my water sieve "room" so they can eat the polluted dirt)

If you want to wrangle even more poke shells you can make a room right next to it, wrangle to there and then remove that door too ;) Just gotta make sure the room size is big enough for the number of critters

1 hour ago, Dextrome said:

Each critter has differrent values for being cramped / overcrowded (I don't know the exact numbers) based on the size of the room and the number of critters in the room

Critter Required
Space
Max Critters in
Max Size Stable
Shine BugShine Bugs 12 8
PuftPufts 16 6
HatchHatches 12 8
SlicksterSlicksters 12 8
DreckoDreckos 12 8
PipPips 12 8
PokeshellPokeshells 12 8
PacuPacus 8 12

Yes, it should be 12 tiles for every critter exepct pufts, which require 16, but my question is: do these debuffs apply to wild critters? I think I read somewhere that they do not but I can't seem to find it.

1 hour ago, suxkar said:

Yes, it should be 12 tiles for every critter exepct pufts, which require 16, but my question is: do these debuffs apply to wild critters? I think I read somewhere that they do not but I can't seem to find it.

They do apply. I tested it on shine bugs.

Cramped or confined means zero reproduction wild or tamed no difference.
Overcrowded has no effect on reproduction, same as with tamed.
Happy wild reproduction is same as Glum Tamed - one egg at 75% adulthood.

wild_tame.thumb.png.908d48dbbe141051c6a74a7f37d1a8cb.png

Cycle 54 - eggs

Spoiler

cycle54_eggs.thumb.png.28c645f323b9ef4bacf69125a2861931.png

Cycle 54 - new born

Spoiler

cycle54_born.thumb.png.8fd7e23bc55efead0298a8b228f2322e.png

Cycle 74 (15 = 0.75*20 cycles later as they reproduce 6.6666%)

Spoiler

cycle74_no_eggs.thumb.png.1e30342a8255734cf066fd65f73c84b0.png

cycle74_eggs.thumb.png.b5ec920812fbf924d1c098768c4bfba6.png

Those 2 overcrowded wild where spawned at same moment so managed to drop egg but Tame overcrowded had few seconds age difference and so when first dropped egg second is remaining at almost 100% because of now cramped...

---

After that I dropped in phosporite and checked consumption during those 20 cycles but I am too lazy to look at those numbers now :)

Archived