Buff or change brain gills

Brain gills should either cost 0 or be replenish. As it stands, you risk losing the game because it replaces a potentially useful card in your hand AND playing it is always a risk because it takes an action. It should be changed!

12 hours ago, Daxterr said:

I had an idea! Right now you have to pay the priest guy to get rid of the card when you're done with it. They could make it so you can get rid of it whenever you want. That would be a nice change.

Aren't all items like that?

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

No. Most items get removed from your deck after a certain number of uses. Brain gills is one of the rare ones that never auo-destroys.

I'm sure I've seen items you can remove from your deck by just accessing the deck UI and clicking "remove."

I always assumed all items were like that.

Wait what

*checks game*

Huh, today I learnt. You can trash any item whenever you want if you go to your deck UI (including brain gills). Thanks for pointing this out! Feels like it’s an easy thing to miss, would be good to have this info as part of the tutorial.

Still though, Brain Gills aren't that good. The only benefit is that you can quickly progress a specific card and get a net gain of 1 extra exp into your deck, but on the other hand, it costs 1 action, doesn't have Replenish, and Expends after use. Since using Brain Gills can commonly interrupt a play with it's 1 action cost, if it costed 0 actions but had a less punishing downside like 1-2 Vulnerability, 2 Flustered, or even self-damage it would be significantly more viable. That's not to mention that Negotiation cards are very easy to level up and even if you actively avoid negotiations, about 60% of your deck is leveled by day 4.

Archived