How to place statues straight?

Finally xO-VERSUS-1y  showed me the way to place the statues straight without wasting resources.  Just equip the body slot with armor the statue will drop where you are standing.   I know I know it is so easy but I am glad someone finally give me some advice.  

Other ways to place statues straight make a stick or hay wall.   If anyone has any other ways to place the statues please tell me.

Thanks xO-VERSUS-1y

I haven't found a perfect method to do so without using walls to force your character in the grid-aligned spot each time.  But yes, use an immediate drop mod to force it to drop to your character's position.

The issue with moving your character to a specific spot is that the server operates on a set tick rate for when it processes events and the locomotor component will move towards the direction/point until an arbitrary moment when the client is "close enough" to the spot and then the client stops moving.

This can be seen here, with the player at the blue dot being told to move to the green dot.  The solid pink line is where the client may stop at any point along it and denoted by the red circle:

image.png.4a0dc9e6636c52bd1a9e0ccf4ae1c829.png

You can get one coordinate (X or Y, not both) with very high precision by having the client move to the point +/- some offset on the non-target coordinate axis.

For example, to get to (X, 0) you'd have the client move to (-1, 0) and to (1, 0) repeatedly until the Y component is at or very close to 0.  This works because the angle of approach to the two offset points decreases with each iteration and the client moves towards the point perfectly.  An example gif:

dst.gif.63a225ee29327163403bac777a31128e.gif

On 8/22/2019 at 12:18 AM, ItsPizzaTime said:

I use the mod "quick drop" for placing things like gold nuggets and stuff down pathways, it works great for statues too.

I have quick drop but I still could not place the statues correctly.  Thxs for the comment.

22 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Use a controller.

sorry I don't have a controller.

Archived