But I have a food source. )-:

So I'm at a point where I am no longer reliant on Mealwood and disassembled my Microbe Musher. I have an Electric Grill and will later have a Gas Range for food preparations, yet the colony-wide notice is suggesting that I don't have a food source:

FoodSource.thumb.png.95afb547cdb778ebe7f267d1ba1acd96.png

It looks like the notice is essentially "colony lacks a Microbe Musher", which isn't especially helpful. My recommendation is to change the requirements for this notice from looking for Microbe Musher specifically to looking for any actual food source, which includes farm plots even with no machines to turn the ingredients into prepared meals.

The grill is not a food source as it can`t produce food on it`s own. The microbe musher can produce food out of water and dirt so basic components of the starting biomes. The grill needs some raw food input to refine so it isn`t a source.

That said you won`t get the "no food source" warning (or shouldn`t get it) if you have some food producing plants planted in planter boxes or farm tiles. Those will be your food source and the musher will be obsolete (unless you plant nosh beans).

Archived