Dupes are not delivering canister to emptier

You have WAY too many jobs queued.  The issue is that you have a significant amount of priority 9 things going on, as well as sweep commands for everything in the whole base.  If you click on the canister emptier, then the errands tab, you'll see who has the job listed in their queue.  Then you can select those dupes, and see what they have on their errands list in front of the canister emptier.  

I tried clearing all of the sweep commands, and was able to see the emptier listed on a few dupes to-do list.  However, it wasn't at the top because even though it's priority 9, there are several other things with the same priority.

Even if they do start moving the gasses, without a water lock on the rooms with the emptiers, you're just going to end up having the gasses escape.  I'd suggest adding some airflow tiles to allow the gasses to settle, and then pumping them to specific areas depending on the gas.  The CO2 will all fall to the bottom and hydrogen will float to the top.  

2 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Even if they do start moving the gasses, without a water lock on the rooms with the emptiers, you're just going to end up having the gasses escape.  I'd suggest adding some airflow tiles to allow the gasses to settle, and then pumping them to specific areas depending on the gas.  The CO2 will all fall to the bottom and hydrogen will float to the top.  

Sounds like a plan. Big thanks. I plan on moving gases around once I do what you say.

Sure. They aren't high enough priority for any dupe, and with so many things at priority 9 "Everything" is an emergency.

First, it is a "Storage" errand, and that is at the far right of the priority table. I suspect, all priorities being equal, it picks from left to right. So it will be done after others of the same priority.

So, next I look at your dupes and see Camille seems to be the one you most want storing things. But she is set to "Tidy" before "Store", so I drop tidy to one arrow up, and put store to two arrows up.

Not yet, so then, I see that many storage bins are also at 9, as well the canister emptier. So I set both the row of bins and the bin below them for seeds to priority 6.

NOW, Camille starts to do canister errands.

However, there is still a problem as she often has to stop for air on the ladder, and then will drop anything she is carrying and reset her priorities. So deliver is still spotty, but she will do that now first. And with those changes, she did.

9 minutes ago, Hechicera said:

First, it is a "Storage" errand, and that is at the far right of the priority table. I suspect, all priorities being equal, it picks from left to right. So it will be done after others of the same priority.

You hit the nail on the head, I believe that's exactly how it works and something I didn't even think about.  You also did a much better job of diagnosing the issue, and bringing upa pretty critical issue about dropping on the ladder.

@minespatch If you are looking for some help with managing gasses early game, see below. 

Spoiler

What I do early game, after a bit of CO2 has settled near the bottom of where I want to build my main base, is build a CO2 lock exit from my base so I can start exploring.  At the point where it's built, there's usually at least 3 or 4 tiles deep of CO2.  Then I build a couple algae terrariums (or oxyferns, or later a carbon skimmer) to handle the CO2 in my base.   You can add some deodorizers later to clean any PO2, and you'll need a way to make enough O2 for your dupes, but it will keep the rest of the gasses out of your main base.

20190808183742_1.thumb.jpg.619b8843cd051e62e3a9566d9758df6f.jpg

20190808183745_1.thumb.jpg.7e23e1449bd093d07b26293567461a81.jpg

Archived