Battery Switching Help Needed

Ugh, I've forgotten how to get this to work.  I have the Ethanol Generator (the two NG are disabled but also connected) set up to run when the main battery switch runs out of power.  I'm slowly expanding the network and it's not staying on long enough to charge the other battery switches.  I was thinking I needed to add extra batteries on the generator side but that doesn't seem to help either?? Also my tried and true switch isn't working, it "sticks" (notice the battery switch on the left, one at zero, one fully charged.)  Help please?

image.thumb.png.4db3ea300fe018001288f8dead5d104c.png

image.thumb.png.3520cf84c0abb5041cfb612a037df56f.png

Maybe this will help.

switch.thumb.png.3d1e14329e2818c032781fb51029207e.png

1. Generators + a couple batteries + heavy transformers for your generator side.
  2. Any wire for your main line (always 0Watts).
  3. Switching battery connecting your main line to an isolated consumer group.

The battery on the generator side and heavi watt in your image do nothing. Batteries cannot charge other batteries - you need transformers supported by batteries instead - and you currently have no consumers on generators side (you will if you use transformers).

I am actually very close to get renewable power generation in my current colony and remembered some tricks mentioned somewhere on these forums which prompted me to search deeper.

This eventually led me to the thread mentioned here.

35 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Try this post. Most of it (if not all) is still applicable. 

This might just be my favorite thread about ONI.

I was wondering if it's still accurate to this day and I'm glad to hear that it is.

14 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Try this post. Most of it (if not all) is still applicable. 

THANK YOU  I spent way too much time trying to find that one before finally asking.  I LOVE that post and am saving it this time....

Archived