My pipe keeps breaking. Why?

I'm cooling my bath water with aquatuner. I have this problem where immediate pipe from the output breaks constantly. Pipe is made from ignious rock, but I have made it from ceramic as well to see if it makes the difference. It didn't make any difference.

My intake water is never above 30C and thus output should never be higher than that. Aquatuner is between 95 and 110C. So, what gives?

aguatuner.thumb.png.5b89e1ab90b1b5053914b5f6c2fe3bbd.png

aqua.png

I don't see any mechanism to prevent the input water from getting below 30c. Are you certain that is the case because this seems like a liquid freezing in pipes scenario.

Also just an FYI, dupes do not wait turns to use the hand wash. If the hand wash is occupied they will walk right past it even if covered in germs. So if 4 dupes all use the toilet at the same time you will occasionally have one leave without washing with that set up. The rule is one hand wash per toilet and they must walk past the hand wash after using the toilet (two entrances is also bad idea).

Yeah, your right water was freezing on the output. That was the problem. This setup of mine just run long time with out problems. So I didn't realize  water was getting so cold.

8 minutes ago, bobucles said:

No offense but where is the aquatuner heat supposed to go? You can't just throw infinite heat into a sealed box and expect it to be okay.

Heat goes nowhere, Just couldn't bother with. :p. Made a aquatuner from steel and shift plates from diamond and wanted to see how long would it last. :D Also, sprinkled little oil around it. ;)

5 hours ago, AliVaja said:

My intake water is never above 30C and thus output should never be higher than that. Aquatuner is between 95 and 110C. So, what gives?

Your first screenshot shows the issue. Input water of 9.6C, which will freeze in the pipe once the aquatuner kicks in.

Liquid pipe sensors should be the nearest you can to prevent freezing damage(or heat damage in case liquids become gas). Polluted water is very good and if you really need way more freezing ethanol is also good.

Archived