Slimelung Confusion

So I been out away from ONI for a while, I think since the space update, so never played during the quality of life updates, and now I am confused on Slimelung.  It seems that when I go into slimelung I can easily get the disease, and I cannot wash off the germs because it says I have no surface germs.  So when did slimelung stop leaving surface germs?  And is there no longer a reason to use wash basin or hand sanitizer between the normal biodome and the slime biodome?

Any help to catch me up on diseases would be appreciated.

Best way to fight slimelung is to plant a buddy bud somewhere near entrance to slime biome, it makes its own "germs" that clash with slimelung and they annihilate each other. Obviously don't let your guys breathe slimelung, they will catch it much easier, it won't kill them though.

First of all slimelung never spread through germs on the dupe. Eating stuff with silemelung couldn`t infect dupes. The only issue was that they could infect algae when delivering to diffusers and spread simelung that way. Slimelung was always inhaled and slimelung in breathable air is where it`s dangerous.

Current slimelung is more of a debuff than a threat. It doesn`t kill the dupes but just reduces their stamina and atheltics and causes occasional coughs. Coughing may possibly spread germs to your base if it`s 100% polluted oxygen but other than that the amount created is so tiny it`s ignorable.

Washing hands is only really important fro food poisoning.

Archived