Help with math

There is no real need to calculate how many pacus you need, just breed as many as you pc can handle or how much algae you have.

Feed pacus algae to keep them happy and send their eggs to another room. Let the eggs hatch naturally and don't feed them, they will lay eggs before dying, leaving the meat behind. You can easily have dozens upon dozens of pacus in a single tile in that way.

On normal hunger, 1000kcal per cycle times number of duplicants is total number of kcals needed per cycle, X.

Divide X by kcals of surf n turf per unit = Y. You need Y units surf n turf per cycle.

Surf n Turf takes M bbq kcals and N cooked fish kcals per unit. Y*M is bbq kcals needed per cycle. Y*N is cooked fish kcals needed per cycle.

You get 1000kcals fish fillet per 25 cycles, which is 1600 kcals cooked fish per 25 cycles. 1600/25 is number of cooked fish kcals generated per cycle per pacu, U.

You need Y*N/U pacus to sustain your population.

Do the numbers for hatches and voles yourself. (Voles are better.)

44 minutes ago, melquiades said:

There is no real need to calculate how many pacus you need, just breed as many as you pc can handle or how much algae you have.

Feed pacus algae to keep them happy and send their eggs to another room. Let the eggs hatch naturally and don't feed them, they will lay eggs before dying, leaving the meat behind. You can easily have dozens upon dozens of pacus in a single tile in that way.

Wouldn't they get cramped or overcrowded, meaning no eggs?

44 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

cramped or overcrowded

They can get overcrowded and glum, and still lay eggs. You just can't let them get cramped.  Make sure the room you keep them in has no doors and is open to lots of space.  If you ever end up cramping them, then you will loose the eggs. Glum is not a problem.

10 hours ago, mathmanican said:

They can get overcrowded and glum, and still lay eggs. You just can't let them get cramped.  Make sure the room you keep them in has no doors and is open to lots of space.  If you ever end up cramping them, then you will loose the eggs. Glum is not a problem.

Yep, forgot to mention that, thanks.

This is my set up, it is a gigantic open room, they are overcrowded but they do lay eggs:

5d40664b4b08b_Capturadepantalla(329).thumb.png.76ee4b69d522ed061b373568facbab93.png

Regarding shove voles, i don't ranch them, i just collect all the wild ones, send them into a closed room and dump all my regolith there.. it means less maintenance:

5d406574efacb_Capturadepantalla(327).thumb.png.d44ed0f9ed17d45b559362b451e81c27.png

Archived