Mod keeps crashing!? HELP?? [reupload]

Hi I really need help with this crash!! I have a character mod that I have had for a few months now, and I recently thought I have finished it, when I started to play properly it has been crashing lately and I dunno what causes it.

It happens when I start mining, usually when the season has changed, I'm not exactly sure since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

When they mine, they're suppose to drop gems randomly, works fine early game but later on, issues arise, hitting the rock just once disconnects from the server, and I've tried looking in the cilent logs for any hints, but no luck  

Is anyone willing to have a look for me? or offer any help, anything will be appreciated thank you!!!

When the game crashes while in-game, you need to look at the server logs instead. Check out the "Debugging" section of the newcomer post for more information. You should be able to find something there. If you can't figure it out, I'll need your server logs and a zip of your mod in order to help.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:02 AM, Ultroman said:

When the game crashes while in-game, you need to look at the server logs instead. Check out the "Debugging" section of the newcomer post for more information. You should be able to find something there. If you can't figure it out, I'll need your server logs and a zip of your mod in order to help.

thanks for the reply :D

I can replicate the crash and send the mod here by tomorrow is that okay?

2 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

Sure. But for your own sake, see if you can't figure it out yourself. You learn so much that way. Whatever the case, I'll be waiting for the files ;)

yes, that's why I said tomorrow, late rn but I'll have a look!

thank you :D

23 hours ago, Ultroman said:

I can't seem the replicate the crash, I've been trying for ages and it doesn't seem to happen 0_0 suppose I should be glad? I have replicated it before on my other post, but cannot do it again. :confused:

I have not done anything to the mod itself, hmm... I will have to get back to you when ever I can.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Edited by Bunnyash
missed info

On 7/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ultroman said:

Get yourself a crash and we'll take a look then :)

Hi sorry for the VERY long wait! I've been playing a normal game and I got the crash again, it was on my other friend's server and they've sent me the log and screen shot of the crash that happened!

The Mod is called "Gemini"

any help will be appreciated thanks! 

client_log_2019-09-02-09-13-19.txt

Crash 1.png

11 hours ago, Ultroman said:

Yeah, we need a zip of that Gemini mod to see what it's doing.

Here are his files, thanks so much for the help :)

Gemini DST.zip

21 hours ago, thomas4845 said:

can you send the file so we can check what the problem is we need to see the modmain, well it would easier to

Files here, thanks for the help! :)

Gemini DST.zip

Hmm, it looks like there may be two mods conflicting here. The Gemini code, though it is simple and looks like it should work, is susceptible to producing a stack overflow (as is the case here) if another mod tries to do something similar. In addition, it omits the last parameter of the onwork function, numworks, so it looks like the mod may be out of date. You can fix this easily, by changing the code to:

local function MyOnWork(inst, worker, workleft, numworks)
	cached_onwork(inst, worker, workleft, numworks)

or to make it future proof:

local function MyOnWork(inst, worker, workleft, numworks, ...)
	cached_onwork(inst, worker, workleft, numworks, ...)

Remember, you and your friend must have the same code for the mod. I doubt this will fix the problem, though. I can't really see how this code alone would make it bug out. But the problem is that something is making it go into an endless loop of calling cached_onwork, which sounds like you have another mod which makes the original onwork call itself.

Edited by Ultroman

4 hours ago, thomas4845 said:

goddamn it senpie ultroman i didn't get to help (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

It's always appreciated regardless, thank you :D!

31 minutes ago, Ultroman said:

I don't think I fixed anything. Please help this man xD

Hi, thanks for your reply and for taking the time to help me, It means a lot!

I just gave it a quick test, everything seems to be alright, I will have to get back to you IF it happens again, as I still don't know what causes the crash, or how to 100 percent cause it by command. I seem to find I can't mine in the spring or summer time, but other times it works, it effects all characters if he's enabled and regardless if you're being Gemini or not.

I've had the crash with just one server mod on, that's being Gemini himself, however I did have client mods which are:

Boss indicators, combine status, status announcements, dusk and night music, gesture Wheel and more players, however I don't see any of them having any real relation with his code at all.

Edited by Bunnyash

On 2/9/2019 at 10:47, Bunnyash said:

¡Hola, perdón por la MUY larga espera! Estuve jugando un juego normal y volví a tener el bloqueo, estaba en el servidor de mi otro amigo y me enviaron el registro y la captura de pantalla del bloqueo que sucedió.

El mod se llama "Géminis"

¡Cualquier ayuda será apreciada, gracias! 

client_log_2019-09-02-09-13-19.txt

Crash 1.png

check the data input to your variable or function, it has an overflow that generates problems, due to an error in something that you incorporated in modmain.lua