what im doing wrong

That setup worked when I put it into my game.  I would assume something up the line is messing it up.  If you have another input on that pipe though, it can cause it to be confused and liquid flows backwards along this pipe

blocked.thumb.png.8215bea432d2dc54aa38a0640415c531.png

If you adjust the one bridge at the end and change the pipes to accommodate that, you can restore direction easily.

good.thumb.png.b19bc96dfe913d52ffadb5d878e61c96.png

1 hour ago, Arkaon said:

why is not the liquid skiping the bridge and going for the liquid vent?

Because the center of the pipe has an ambiguous direction. It would be allow liquid to move both direction.

@DemainaNyx provide the correct solution.

image.thumb.png.5cd133da42f428075351374b43b0c153.png

48 minutes ago, SixbySix said:

its the two entry points on the bottom pipe put another bridge down where the pipe touches the ladder at the bottom.

-6x6

ok, i put the bridge and it works, and seeing what @DemainaNyx did i guees that i need to put the join at the end of the bridge and not at the begining?

Thanks for the answers

6 minutes ago, Arkaon said:

image.thumb.png.5cd133da42f428075351374b43b0c153.png

ok, i put the bridge and it works, and seeing what @DemainaNyx did i guees that i need to put the join at the end of the bridge and not at the begining?

Thanks for the answers

You can either add the additional bridge or move the original bridge like I did.  Each tells the game to do different things with the water.

The extra bridge tells the game to alternate taking one packet from the metal refinery, then one packet from the overflow pipe, and repeat.

Moving the bridge tells the game to always empty the metal refinery first, then let extra water flow to the vent.

@ONI lover created a pipe bridge cheat sheet if you want to understand why such a simple change influences how the game interprets it.

Threw this together with Sandbox Mode:

F33A9232E297F44BF849235108D7EBA32C7FA66B

Keeping your input in the bottom left and output in the top right, just like your original setup.  The bridge will siphon off as much as it can to fill the Refinery's input pipe.  Since the Refinery, even when running, will use less than the 10 kg per segment volume of the pipes, the excess will flow past the first bridge, forming a bypass line continuing along the bottom.  When it reaches the second bridge, flowing vertically, it will attempt to use the Bridge to, ultimately, reach the exit line at the top left.  But the green exit on the bridge will give priority to the Refinery's exit flow, ensuring that the Refinery itself will always have priority.  Again, since the refinery is not using the full 10 kg per segment capacity, the bypass exit bridge will "top off" these packets.

Connected this way, the Refinery will always have priority.  As long as the main input line from the bottom left is flowing more than the Refinery is drawing, the Refinery will never run out of coolant.  The exit line of the Refinery will never back up and prevent the Refinery from emptying.  And the bypass line will always be moving any additional volume that it can along the way, without getting in the way of the Refinery's operation.  And if the Refinery is idle, the system won't ever become blocked, because the bypass will flow.

Archived