Suggestion: Uses for Beefalo Fur

Since beefalo fur is nearly useless in-game, why don't you create a beefalo vest or coat for the winter update? It could be a warm clothing item that doesn't require a winter koalefant. To offset the ease of access to ingredients, it could be "itchy" to the player which could result in some level of sanity drain. Just a thought...

Doesn't the Winter hat which already slows down the freezing process and is made using beefalo wool already fulfill this purpose?

That is funny because the beefalo hat made of the same wool (material not number) without silk also serves the same purpose. Honestly the winter hat feels more like a novelty than a useful item, beefalo stuff would have made great winter clothing.On that note, isn't it a little funny how the latest clothing recipies require an obscene amount (over exaggerated?) of silk? As if to say silk didn't have enough use with dapper vest, top hats, bug nets, fishing poles, boomerangs, bird traps. While beefalo wool pre much makes two hats that serve the same exact purpose (excluding mating safety), though one without the need for silk. Why is that?

That is funny because the beefalo hat made of the same wool (material not number) without silk also serves the same purpose. Honestly the winter hat feels more like a novelty than a useful item, beefalo stuff would have made great winter clothing.On that note, isn't it a little funny how the latest clothing recipies require an obscene amount (over exaggerated?) of silk? As if to say silk didn't have enough use with dapper vest, top hats, bug nets, fishing poles, boomerangs, bird traps. While beefalo wool pre much makes two hats that serve the same exact purpose (excluding mating safety), though one without the need for silk. Why is that?

The beefalo hat, as far as I'm aware, is far less effective than the winter hat when it comes to warming you.

The beefalo hat, as far as I'm aware, is far less effective than the winter hat when it comes to warming you.

The beefaloe hat is just as warm if not warmer than the winter hat.I know this because I survived the entire winter with only the beefaloe hat and I only took freezing damage once.

The beefaloe hat is just as warm if not warmer than the winter hat.I know this because I survived the entire winter with only the beefaloe hat and I only took freezing damage once.

Same here, in fact I never took freezing damage at all. The winter clothes still seem like a waste of fine silk to me, which is better used for other purposes anyway.Ya know, ten bucks says the next hot fix is going to nerf the warm beefalo hat. :grumpy:

Just use the fur as fuel, do need to waste logs and pine-cones,-Shave a whole herd-Burn the fur_By the time your on to your last fur, the herd's hair has already grown back......

I'd also like to add pick the manure near 'em while at it and use them as your quick drop and warm up thing with the firetorch - just make sure to split the manure when you drop them to do it one by one :)

You are either new to game or hate beefaloes...

Two hats that both share a similar function, and fuel.I'll ask again, what is it you apparently know that I don't about beefalo wool use? Please, do share these secrets, It would definitely make for a much more compelling argument.Otherwise I believe the thread was about thinking of more uses for beefalo wool, in case you missed it. :)______________On that topic, I still believe It would have made more sense to have beefalo wool more apart of warm clothing recipes, and I find It hard to understand the need for so much silk.I like OP's idea of having a cheaper wool clothing alternative, which would have an itchy side effect, what ever that might cause. Insanity loss? Maybe, but I'm not entirely sure..

Suggestions for beefalo fur: Beefalo Sleeping bag (a little more powerful, I would imagine, than a straw roll-- restores sanity but with dreaded flea bites?). Winter mittens (Maybe a nice warmth bonus, but you can't equip tools or weapons while wearing them?)

Winter mittens (Maybe a nice warmth bonus, but you can't equip tools or weapons while wearing them?)

Wow, that's a really neat idea, having some sort of gloves/mittens that take up the tool slot. I would support mittens for warmth but right now, I think we have more then enough warm clothing to go around. Albeit the use of silk and not beefalo wool is still puzzling with current winter garb, again especially since the beefalo hat is superior to the winter hat.

Wow, that's a really neat idea, having some sort of gloves/mittens that take up the tool slot. I would support mittens for warmth but right now, I think we have more then enough warm clothing to go around. Albeit the use of silk and not beefalo wool is still puzzling with current winter garb, again especially since the beefalo hat is superior to the winter hat.

Yeah, in retrospect winter mittens might not be all that great. I ran around in adventure mode with a beefalo hat and did not need the winter vest at all. Maybe instead we could have boxing gloves? Beefalo fur (padding) + spider silk (strings to tie them tight) + tentacle spots (leather over the gloves). Damage might be comparable to a spear, with the added effect of knocking an opponent away from you. Might be difficult to implement, since it would likely require a different character animation plus coding for enemy movement getting knocked away from you.

I really like the inventory hotkeys idea as well as the sorting button.For inventory item use (like when you craft), it'd be nice that the game takes the LAST stack available instead of the 1st one.Example: right now, if you have 22 logs, a full stack of 20 (1st) and 2 more, if you create something using 2 logs, it'll take 'em from the 1st stack and you'll have 2 incomplete stacks of 18 + 2, thus 2 slots takes from the inventory.I also noticed that when looting anything close to water, it tends to fall in the water and be lost. The restriction for movement should also keep items from falling in the water OR we should have a way to get those items. Breaking a rock that is close to water could result in lost gold nugget, killing a gobbler trapped in a corner close to water OFTEN result in precious food being lost, etc.It would also be nice to have more traps available (slowing, damaging, stunning, decoy, etc.)Lastly, when crafting or gathering "overstock", there should be an option to keep in hand or auto-drop so you could always keep hands (cursor) free to attack or move.