The thing that Aporkalypse really lacks

Desblat

It lacks clear theme that's it.

It is not clear how to expand it, because it's idea is rather blurry.

It's aPORKalypse theme, get it? No, I don't.

You can basically add anything to apokalypse and that new thing will fit in and won't fit in at the same time.

For example thunderbird gives off more lightning strikes during event. Get it? I don't.

There are 2 things in aporkalypse - herald and calendar, nothing else.

I was thinking about what to mod to this event, to expand it so it will be more interesing to play, but I can't come up with any good ideas, nothing and everything fits in at the same time.

Well, the classic end of the world Mayan calendar is the overall theme, mixed with biblical literature I'm sure.

End of the world has a lot of broad traditional curses like famine, diseases, sky falling, raining fire, locusts etc etc.

But I guess what you're saying is that the Pork part of the pun is oddly absent? You want more pork related curses?

Only thing I can think of is a plaguing swarm of miniature flying pigs, instead of locust

3 hours ago, Desblat said:

It is not clear how to expand it, because it's idea is rather blurry.

"It's" is an abbreviation for "It is". It has a homophone, "its", which is the possessive pronoun you were looking for.

And thus, a thread that seemed to be destined to join the myriads of other utterly useless threads on these forums was salvaged into something somewhat useful. You are1 welcome!

1 also abbreviated to "You're", not to be confused with the possessive pronoun "Your"

46 minutes ago, Majestix said:

"It's" is an abbreviation for "It is". It has a homophone, "its", which is the possessive pronoun you were looking for.

And thus, a thread that seemed to be destined to join the myriads of other utterly useless threads on these forums was salvaged into something somewhat useful. You are1 welcome!

1 also abbreviated to "You're", not to be confused with the possessive pronoun "Your"

you'r inglish is 2 gud I dont anderstend yo

On 26.06.2019 at 5:15 PM, Cosheeta said:

Well, the classic end of the world Mayan calendar is the overall theme, mixed with biblical literature I'm sure.

End of the world has a lot of broad traditional curses like famine, diseases, sky falling, raining fire, locusts etc etc.

But I guess what you're saying is that the Pork part of the pun is oddly absent? You want more pork related curses?

Only thing I can think of is a plaguing swarm of miniature flying pigs, instead of locust

I mean, to be more exact current theme is very abstarct. End of the world can be anything.

Also we are not experiancing any of those: "famine, diseases, sky falling, raining fire, locusts", but that could actually be good.

29 minutes ago, TimothyCarter said:

I just want random lightning strikes and blood rain. They are not going to do anything special, just for A E S T H E T I C

Ooh I like the sound of blood rain! Maybe it could deal increased damage to your sanity? God knows if it started raining blood on me I'd be more than a little perturbed. 

I'm having a hard time coming up with something that hasn't already been done. Maybe a series of natural disasters? Like random earthquakes that can destroy structures and knock large objects onto you for a bit of damage.  The  right after you recover from that you get hit with a myriad of tornadoes that can whisk away loose items.

I'd love to see more content related the ancient pig culture though. I would also like more incentive to tackle surviving the event for a few days. Like making certain items/materials available ONLY during the Aporkalypse.  Right now I feel very little inclination to let it happen.

2 hours ago, Desblat said:

I mean, to be more exact current theme is very abstarct. End of the world can be anything.

Also we are not experiancing any of those: "famine, diseases, sky falling, raining fire, locusts", but that could actually be good.

Mhm, for me part of what makes "end of the world" literatures so enticing is the fact that they are so vague in how it happens. A great disaster is coming and nobody has any way to describe how it's supposed to happen. That's just mental to try and comprehend. What happened? What will happen when it returns? Will the corporeal reality all around us literally melt away and loose all it's meaning into abstract intangible suffering? I mean a world is so vast and adaptable, how can an undetectable disaster out of nowhere possibly and unquestionably see it so that not a single organism lives to witness it?

But, pft, anyway. That's all well and good as unanswered lingering anticipation in literature. But since the game explores the event live in the act itself there is something lost once you know all there is to know about it.

People's request for a risk and reward in enduring the event is golden ideas. The cloak is kinda mundane for being the single reason to get there. It would be interesting if mid-tier rare items became more abundant as well. Gems plenty and gold, anything really that plays into the role of "greed brought the plague"

15 hours ago, Cosheeta said:

Mhm, for me part of what makes "end of the world" literatures so enticing is the fact that they are so vague in how it happens. A great disaster is coming and nobody has any way to describe how it's supposed to happen. That's just mental to try and comprehend. What happened? What will happen when it returns? Will the corporeal reality all around us literally melt away and loose all it's meaning into abstract intangible suffering? I mean a world is so vast and adaptable, how can an undetectable disaster out of nowhere possibly and unquestionably see it so that not a single organism lives to witness it?

But, pft, anyway. That's all well and good as unanswered lingering anticipation in literature. But since the game explores the event live in the act itself there is something lost once you know all there is to know about it.

People's request for a risk and reward in enduring the event is golden ideas. The cloak is kinda mundane for being the single reason to get there. It would be interesting if mid-tier rare items became more abundant as well. Gems plenty and gold, anything really that plays into the role of "greed brought the plague"

greedisgood 9999999

if you know what I mean

Archived