Aporkalypse Rework Ideas (YES, THIS AGAIN)

SpoonyBardIV

7 minutes ago, pe5e said:

So rather than making it more "difficult, it would be better to make the solution for Aporkalypse more complex and nuanced.

I mean, I don't think that's out of line with what I'm saying? I think it's clear I'm not arguing for making it more difficult, and I'm not saying it's fine as it is. I'm saying I'm not seeing any suggestions here that really improve it in an interesting and sensible way.

I guess requiring the player to kill the Herald before they're able to end the Aporkalypse might be a step in the right direction, but he's not that hard to kill and I don't think forcing the player to survive a whopping 2-3 days of the Aporkalypse is that big an improvement, and presumably still only once at that. If the door is locked again by some means after the calendar is used, you just have a different problem: either a) you're locking it again I guess after using it which kind of defeats the point of the calendar being able to be manipulated in the first place, or b) you're locking it either when the Aporkalypse starts or some brief period of time prior to it starting, which isn't going to change much if you're not inclined to let the event transpire anyway.

Archived