My idea to make a better inteligence on some creatures, Bugs

Hi Klei,I know you like games to be hard, I want to help you with the idea of increasing the intelligence of some creatures-bosses. This means, for example, that pigs,moleworms, rabbits, pigmans (this can be used in Year of the Pig King), turkeys, catcoons, carrats and all not flying bosses, will not be able to see their favorite food behind the fences, gates, walls, bones or statues, boulders from caves, don´t see their food on boat or on water (this is not working when they can get there). I think it would make the game more difficult and it would make sense. Some people can this use to build farms on food or on some items. Bosses and fighting creatures who can't fly can not see you when you be on boat, when you jump on the ship, thay stops noticing you.      

If you saw it, coment me what you think about it and whether it can be done.

Bugs:

Winonas catapult can be builded on boat and then easly killing the others not flying mobs or bosses:

Tentacles, leafymeat bulbs can be spawned or planted on boat and you can framing their:

The first bug with spider den is fixed now but the others no.

here is the link on this on bug taracker:

3 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

...pigs,moleworms, rabbits, pigmans (this can be used in Year of the Pig King), turkeys, catcoons, carrats and all not flying bosses, will not be able to see their favorite food behind the fences, gates, walls, bones or statues, boulders from caves...

With such thing pretty much any kind of present DST farm would be invalidated and the purpose of mentioned structures (fences, gates, walls, etc) would effectively be non-existent aside from aesthetics (and most players, bulk of casuals, don't bother at all with aesthetics), as they amount to nothing in terms of defenses. Let me underline this once more as people seem to forget: food is never a problem for slightly-above-beginners roaming map, even in full pubs. Farms are a way to make you feel progression in a sandbox that otherwise has no end goal. Is it fun for you to always wander map in search of food? Because in my case such forced scarcity would keep the tediousness of menial chores at a perpetual basic-very-boring level. Sure nomad style can be fun, at least in beginning-to-mid-game 'till you research all immediately-needed, scout all map and find the "perfect" base-of-operations place. Making people be forever-nomads is a pretty restrictive style, I repeat: in a sandbox where your only real goal is road from scarcity to prosperity.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You haven't specified which email, does sending real life mail work too?

Ok I reapired this from email to coment.

57 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

With such thing pretty much any kind of present DST farm would be invalidated and the purpose of mentioned structures (fences, gates, walls, etc) would effectively be non-existent aside from aesthetics (and most players, bulk of casuals, don't bother at all with aesthetics), as they amount to nothing in terms of defenses. Let me underline this once more as people seem to forget: food is never a problem for slightly-above-beginners roaming map, even in full pubs. Farms are a way to make you feel progression in a sandbox that otherwise has no end goal. Is it fun for you to always wander map in search of food? Because in my case such forced scarcity would keep the tediousness of menial chores at a perpetual basic-very-boring level. Sure nomad style can be fun, at least in beginning-to-mid-game 'till you research all immediately-needed, scout all map and find the "perfect" base-of-operations place. Making people be forever-nomads is a pretty restrictive style, I repeat: in a sandbox where your only real goal is road from scarcity to prosperity.

You probably misunderstood me. I don´t want cancel building (walls, fences,gates etc...) I will make a proposal to improve pig,molevorms,catcoons, boosses etc... intelligence. All creatures what have a point who they follow for example: player, some food, etc...I would like these creatures to recognize the food or players that are accessible to them and which are inaccessible again. In event Year of the Pig King players can build stone wall cage and drop food in  the cage the ninja pigs want go to food but they can´t it was between the stone walls then can the player this event very ealsy win.

I'm pretty sure that the basic "dumb" AI is completely intended by Klei. This is a matter of game design. Being more complex or more intelligent doesn't translate to being better when talking about game AI. Exploiting NPC behaviour is something a lot of players like and is in a way a reward for figuring out how that specific AI works.

If you want more in-depth information about it I suggest you check this video:

Klei likes hard games and I think better inteligence for some creatures can make the game harder to play and it makes more sense.

When you play DST and you can see a pig or some boss who is still going somewhere where his food or favorite is, it's not a good look.
I don't think that when MPC is smarter, it's bad for the game and for the players, so it can be laughing, but we live in the 21st century and here are the games more sophisticated and MPC more intelligence by development I think it adds more coincidence and less expected and it is ridiculous when something happens to you that you didn't know who knew the whole game and you know what happens and what happens to me, it's pretty boring and random is more interesting than assumptions.

Archived