Light absorbtion factor

I just ran a test regarding blocking light to a solar panel. I decided to block with tiles, meaning it blocks 100%. It needed 3 to prevent 100% power output and even then it still peaks at 339 W. That's with 42% of the light blocked. It doesn't look the 10% absorbtion in CO2 will cause havoc. In fact unless you got a lot of CO2 on top, you likely won't even notice a difference around your batteries.

11 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

I just ran a test regarding blocking light to a solar panel. I decided to block with tiles, meaning it blocks 100%. It needed 3 to prevent 100% power output and even then it still peaks at 339 W. That's with 42% of the light blocked. It doesn't look the 10% absorbtion in CO2 will cause havoc. In fact unless you got a lot of CO2 on top, you likely won't even notice a difference around your batteries.

You means, if you set your panels in a line. If you set your panels in pyramid, they already have 3 cells covered by panel in layer above. So, this little percents again became important

I use small packets of CO2 for cooling my regolith harvesting above my solar. About 100g/s per 32 tiles of sky, I think I lose about 1% LUX due to the CO2. Not really an issue. That said the CO2 escapes into the vacuum around the edges so there is only ever a tiny amount present.

10 minutes ago, JohnFrancis said:

I use small packets of CO2 for cooling my regolith harvesting above my solar. About 100g/s per 32 tiles of sky, I think I lose about 1% LUX due to the CO2. Not really an issue. That said the CO2 escapes into the vacuum around the edges so there is only ever a tiny amount present.

Yes, and if you use oxygen in exactly same way, does it be a 1% better?

1 minute ago, Prince Mandor said:

Yes, and if you use oxygen in exactly same way, does it be a 1% better?

Oh I could, but I have other uses for the O2 and the CO2 is over flow that my slicksters are not consuming. From context I'm assuming you are trying to provide cooling to automated regolith mining/removal above a solar farm? For mining only -> steel miners, a cooling loop and a drop of liquid can work fine. For regolith removal you will likely need space material and probably a gas to transfer temp. Also Hydrogen would appear to be an option however the below post is from a while back so i'm not sure when this was last tested.

Archived