i managed to cramp a 800 tiles big room

3 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Do you have any mods, which affects the max cell count of a room?

There isn't a max room size in the game (or at least there wasn't a few weeks ago).  The thing is that the room he has is not a stable/ranch/whatever the animal room is called.  But it is still a room as far as the critter population is concerned.  So if you have a room that is 800 tiles, you can have a lot of critters, but you lose the benefit of the stable room.

2 hours ago, Zarquan said:

There isn't a max room size in the game (or at least there wasn't a few weeks ago). 

That's not completely true.  The Room interface just stops counting after, what, 190 tiles of space?  The game engine itself, on the other hand, considers any contiguous open space to be a room, and does track it's space.  This is why "open ranching" was ever a thing at all.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, Zarquan said:

There isn't a max room size in the game (or at least there wasn't a few weeks ago).  The thing is that the room he has is not a stable/ranch/whatever the animal room is called.  But it is still a room as far as the critter population is concerned.  So if you have a room that is 800 tiles, you can have a lot of critters, but you lose the benefit of the stable room.

you also won't have ranchers going to shear the dreckos.. so if you're just after eggs/meat i suppose that works

3 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

you also won't have ranchers going to shear the dreckos.. so if you're just after eggs/meat i suppose that works

You can have a stable with doors open so dreckos can wander in and out and get sheared while they are in there.

Archived