Your camping methods.

Sorry if there was already a thread like this. I'm new to the forum. Anyways. Just wanted to ask how you construct your main base or bases and how you plan to survive. I for one always try to make one base with everything (I mean chest and the alchemy machine) and form a large tree-circle around it and put a large campfire in the middle. I don't really like the idea of having to run for manure all the time and build farm plots so I try to solve my food necessities day by day. I build about 3-6 smaller bases on the rear ends of the map (number depends on how many resources I can spare) so I can find a good place to rest when I am hunting, this is also a good way to explore the map, and makes the game a bit more intresting. Well, the new patch made this style of gameplay a bit harder, the maps are larger, less roads, more durable foes, winter and whatnot, I might have to change my current strategy. Btw. are stone walls of any use? I haven't really bothered with walling myself in, the trees did a good job so far, I'm just curious.

I find that a single base close to a savannah biome with rabbits and beefalo is enough to meet all of your needs, although it can be a nuisance of there are no spider nests nearby to farm for silk. I've yet to bother with permanent secondary bases. When I go on long-range expeditions, I usually just go by torchlight (or occasionally a standard campfire).

This is how I always build my bases:First a fire pit in the middle with the science machine to the left, the alchemy engine to the right and the winterometer above it.Then directly down from the fire pit I have 6 turbo farm plots in a square shape with 1-3 crookpots in the middle.And between the fire pit and the farm plots I usually put a few chests.And to the right of the science machine I have a even amount of berry bushes and saplings while the grass is kept to the right of the alchemy engine.And if I have any beeboxes I keep them as far away as possible.Oh and I try to fit the icebox somewhere in between the science machine and the farm plots, together with the chests.Picture:

Sorry for small image

post-9585-13764591544129_thumb.png

Every update makes me change it a bit.

I am not a neat as before, just laying structures as I need them.

Posted Image

But even now I try to put some order in the chaos like when I build pig houses and align them using the pitchfork so I can build streets in the town later.

Posted Image