Werewilba last too long

Alexias

Eating 2 monster meat can turn you into werewilba for 1 day

I think 1 day is very excessive, i mostly turn into werewilba to do tasks that take less that half a day like farming logs or fighting strong monsters.

I just when i finish my work as werewilba i just sit in safe place for that time until I return back (mostly half a day) which is boring and stupid, I can’t get back to my city because i am monster or open any chest or backpack to get material fo build anything, if i am in SW i am stuck in the island for a day.

i understand that downside is necessary because werewilba is too strong but making it last for a full day isn’t good downside, it just make players hate to use it because he will get stuck in that form for a day.

Suggestion:

Make it last for a bit more than half a day (0.65 of the day)

I disagree. 

You force the transformation on yourself - you pay the price of waiting for a whole day or more.

You gotta plan what are you going to do after you finish your task.

Nerfing the time would nerf the hunger drain making that downside less important. 

48 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

i mostly turn into werewilba to do tasks that take less that half a day like farming logs or fighting strong monsters.

I just when i finish my work as werewilba i just sit in safe place for that time until I return back (mostly half a day) which is boring and stupid, I can’t get back to my city because i am monster or open any chest or backpack to get material fo build anything, if i am in SW i am stuck in the island for a day.

Maybe stop turning into Werewilba willy-nilly to do things you know will end way before the transformation itself? It's not really the fault of game design if you decide to knowingly activate an 8-minute transformation just to deal with 1-minute issue and then waste the rest of the transformation doing nothing.

50 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

i understand that downside is necessary because werewilba is too strong but making it last for a full day isn’t good downside, it just make players hate to use it because he will get stuck in that form for a day.

Suggestion:

Make it last for a bit more than half a day (0.65 of the day)

It's not a good downside, because it's not really a downside to begin with.

Werewilba's downside is her quadruple hunger drain. The monster meat thing is simply a mechanic, albeit one that is at the very core of Wilba's design. It lets you make a commitment to suffer the aforementioned hunger drain for X amount of time in exchange for being able to use see in the dark, run faster and basically destroy anything in your path.

Reducing the duration added per monster meat risks making that commitment inconsequential and renders the hunger drain, which can currently very easily kill you, into a complete joke. Not to mention it also makes the transformation even costlier, especially in the early game, which sucks for those of us who tend to use Werewilba for several days at a time.

9 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I would for sure limit her transformation to not more than a few days. Player should not be forced to be Werewilba forever.

Well, thank God nothing in the game forces players to stay as Werewilba forever.

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

Well, thank God nothing in the game forces players to stay as Werewilba forever.

The problem is if you play Wilba nothing tells you that eating monster meat makes the transformation last longer. When you discover that this is the thing that makes you unable to become normal again it can be already too late and you will be forced to wait many, many days or start a new game. There should be a limit to not totally screw new players.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Werewilba's downside is her quadruple hunger drain. The monster meat thing is simply a mechanic, albeit one that is at the very core of Wilba's design. It lets you make a commitment to suffer the aforementioned hunger drain for X amount of time in exchange for being able to use see in the dark, run faster and basically destroy anything in your path.

1 hour ago, Hx380 said:

Nerfing the time would nerf the hunger drain making that downside less important. 

Then increase the hunger drain for 7x to compensate the time, the same hunger drain points but faster.

Funny thing that hunger drain is the easiest downside to manage, stack up pile of meatballs and meat stew before you turn into werewilba and you will never starve, so increasing the time will not make it harder downside.

If you want to give it a real downside and discourage players from turning into were wilba for most simple things that make her start with no sanity upon turning back or low health, i will be ok with this anything interesting than standing column for half a day.

14 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Then increase the hunger drain for 7x to compensate the time, the same hunger drain points but faster.

And exponentially increase the cost of using Werewilba in the process, which would then require buffing her abilities accordingly to compensate. Which, in turn, would lead back to square one, as she'd finish farming logs/fighting monsters even faster and then leave you to wait for like half a day for her to turn back.

Besides, producing stacks of meatballs and meat stew is only really possible once you're all set up, and such a high hunger drain (that's 525 hunger per day, mind you, almost thrice Wilba's maximum hunger) would largely diminish her usefulness in the early game, which is probably where she shines the most to begin with since you don't have the materials to mass produce tools and weapons at this point.

15 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Funny thing that hunger drain is the easiest downside to manage

This is all the more reason to leave it like it is; werepig form is so incredibly useful and powerful that there really ought to be some inconvenience of actual consequence. Even as it is I really don't think anybody "hates" using Werewilba.

Archived