Mants need more stuff

When I first saw the mants, I was really exited. I thought they would be like the pigs, and we could trade with them. They would have unique items and helpfull abilities.

Right now, they do none of that. For a really high cost, you can befriend some of these things, until they die to something, because they suck at fighting. It's easier to get a security contract. The mant hills have no unique loot, just chitin and honey, which can be acquired in other ways. If you really want some nice loot though, you can always take the dangerous journy down into the depths of the hill to fight the queen, and get... some monster meat and chitin. The queen womant needs some loot. The crown is used to unlock a character, so once Wilba is unlocked, on every world after that, the Mants serve no purpose.

There doesn't have to be that much stuff changed. Since the mants are war-based I think they should give us some new and exclusive weapons when we befriend them with the pherostone. Also, I think the mant hills would be the perfect place to add some aporkalypse loot, since they seem to really like the end of the world.

As for the queen, maybe just have her drop something that can be sold to the pigs for a massive amount of oincs. The pigs and mants seem to be enemys, so maybe we could bring the head of the queen womant to the mayor/hunter for a 500 oinc reward.

I usually kill the mant queen in the first 10 days for the best loot in the game - Bundling wrap 

If you concern about oincs, You should try to steal the bank with panflute. >> stealing and killing is the only way I manage to survive this Hamlet. There is no farm at the moment! :( (Hamlet force you to be evil)

Sure this mant creature dont have an important role in the game, we can't farm them but I dont think make them drop more loot is better since you can't relocate them.

Just like the elder mandrake, they drop good loot (living log) but if you cant relocate them they are useless

I agree, Mant hills are mildy interesting after getting the blue print. I see the Mants as an less effective, higher cost alternative to the DS pigs. They become more useful if you have turned the pig houses off in the world setting. But most people play Hamlet on default settings I guess. Honey production is something different. Klei shouldn't make a blue print from it for balance reasons.

Maybe Klei has at some plans for the giant larva things. They could cocoon themself and their adult forms spawn outside - like the glowfly cycle. I avoid them because they cost time and destroy everything but that's it for now - they are uninteresting. 

On 12.05.2019 at 7:53 PM, thomasming said:

I usually kill the mant queen in the first 10 days for the best loot in the game - Bundling wrap 

If you concern about oincs, You should try to steal the bank with panflute. >> stealing and killing is the only way I manage to survive this Hamlet. There is no farm at the moment! :( (Hamlet force you to be evil)

Sure this mant creature dont have an important role in the game, we can't farm them but I dont think make them drop more loot is better since you can't relocate them.

Just like the elder mandrake, they drop good loot (living log) but if you cant relocate them they are useless

What is your strategy for killing Mant Queen? I would love to read some tips!

7 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

What is your strategy for killing Mant Queen? I would love to read some tips!

I always build a wall like this. You can build 2 rows of wall for wx (100 hp) or maxwell (75hp) to be safe. Wofgang dont need wall just need full belly for this fight. 

Its recommended having at least 1 foodball  helmet, 1 log suit, 1 hambat (probably have to kill some pig people for this :p)Untitled.png.464a437f1bdd3d64b3c8d84507d3e6c3.thumb.png.726c91678260b0e13e9d684ef59b98dc.png

5 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Hire Guards, enter room, don't move forward. If you don't approach she'll stay sleeping while the Guards kill her.

This method even more cheese than mine :v

Archived