Give the Living Artifact a small inventory of 3-5 slots

I absolutely love this thing and I think it's one of the most unique and fun features ever to be added to the game. However, I do think that having no inventory for its entire duration is a bit punishing for something requires two boss fights to acquire, even as powerful as it is.

I think a small inventory, between 3 to 5 slots, would be the perfect size to carry whatever results from your mecha-fueled rampage while still respecting the insane utility and power of the thing. It'd also allow you to carry a lantern or torch so you're not screwed or have to have a fire prefabbed if the suit deactivates during nighttime.

This is very needed I think. Especially if the suit breaks in the middle of night. You can't be near your dropped items when that happens or they get burned in the explosion, so if it expires in the middle of darkness it's pretty much GG since you don't even have materials to craft a torch. 

Even just 3 slots would be better than nothing.

I think that would be awesome, mainly for the same reason why it sucks to go to the ruins as the werebeaver. Once you revert there is no way to get a light source should you need it in time, and if you go to the rooms with the pressure plates that close the doors until they are weighed down you're pretty much screwed.

I have better solution: using Living Artifact does not force you to drop your items, instead it storages it and gives you your stuff back when the time runs out. You can not use your items when using Living Artifact.

10 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

I have better solution: using Living Artifact does not force you to drop your items, instead it storages it and gives you your stuff back when the time runs out. You can not use your items when using Living Artifact.

Pretty much like the WereBeaver in DST. This is the fix it needs.

You've got 3 minutes of godmode with the living artifact. Is it really so bad to have to plan around night time?

It's a bit sad that you can't use it much in the ruins, but the ruins are already a joke in a merged world. You've got coffee, rainbow jellyfish, obsidian spears + meat bulbs, bundling wraps, cutlass supremes, rock lobsters... There's already so many powerful items at your disposal in DS.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:57 PM, Sunset Skye said:

You've got 3 minutes of godmode with the living artifact. Is it really so bad to have to plan around night time?

It's a bit sad that you can't use it much in the ruins, but the ruins are already a joke in a merged world. You've got coffee, rainbow jellyfish, obsidian spears + meat bulbs, bundling wraps, cutlass supremes, rock lobsters... There's already so many powerful items at your disposal in DS.

how is meatbulbs a powerful item in the ruins? To push yourself off the edge?

6 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

how is meatbulbs a powerful item in the ruins? To push yourself off the edge?

With an obsidian spear, you can get hands-free heat and light just from planting and killing a meat bulb. The spear'll start giving off light and heat when it's charged enough, and both of these things will still work when you unequip it.

Archived