Do Aporkalypse even end!??

9 minutes ago, Codina said:

I'm at day 71 right now. Running around as Wilbur. It be crazy out here. Luckily I have sewing kit and a gas mask. With good armor and food. 

it lasts 10000 days and after that the season ends, but the effects of it besides the filter stay there. So just don't try.

2 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

it lasts 10000 days and after that the season ends, but the effects of it besides the filter stay there. So just don't try.

Wait are you serious? 10000 days? until you activate the calendar? Why would the devs force us to search for it, I thought I could wait it out like a normal season.

Just now, Codina said:

Wait are you serious? 10000 days? until you search for the calendar? Why would they do that, I thought I could wait it out like a normal season.

its supposed to be endless, if you set a season to endless in world gen it will last 10,000 days.

It doesn't end.

I mean, there's technically 10000 days, but it's not supposed to end.

The whole point of the Aporkalypse is to reset the clock, if you let it tick, this'll happen.

Also, you're going to crash before 10000 days even pass, bats spawn every new day, and they've got no cap. 

Herald endlessly spawns, too. So look out for that.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

It doesn't end.

I mean, there's technically 10000 days, but it's not supposed to end.

The whole point of the Aporkalypse is to reset the clock, if you let it tick, this'll happen.

Also, you're going to crash before 10000 days even pass, bats spawn every new day, and they've got no cap. 

Herald endlessly spawns, too. So look out for that.

I don't see the point in that as part of the gameplay because it's just too crazy. Do you see they will change it? 

8 hours ago, Codina said:

I don't see the point in that as part of the gameplay because it's just too crazy. Do you see they will change it? 

To end Aporkalypse you have to find the Aporkalypse Calendar and activate it (it can appear as hidden room, so better take some gunpowder with you or pray for pillar in the room with secret room). Nothing else can stop the Aporkalypse.

14 hours ago, Codina said:

The point is that it's the literal end of the world. There's a way to prevent it, and a way to stop it if it happens. 

Using the clock, you can reset the timer. 

It's meant to keep you on your feet at all times. They're doing some season changes, so they might change some things about it, but overall I think it will stay how it is. 

Who knows? Klei might just spruce it up a bit.

2 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

The point is that it's the literal end of the world. There's a way to prevent it, and a way to stop it if it happens. 

Using the clock, you can reset the timer. 

It's meant to keep you on your feet at all times. They're doing some season changes, so they might change some things about it, but overall I think it will stay how it is. 

Who knows? Klei might just spruce it up a bit.

If it is the end of the world, how Pigs know when it is about to happen? And how were they managing to prevent it before player arrived? Just some lore questions.

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

If it is the end of the world, how Pigs know when it is about to happen? And how were they managing to prevent it before player arrived? Just some lore questions.

I guess Pig sense. I mean, they probably have calendars for it, the ancients who built the temples probably found it and it passed on to the ones we know today. So they probably just knew what day it was gonna happen, and the player just happened to arrive near then.

Otherwise for how they prevented it beforehand, they might not've, or if they did, we don't have an answer. Just speculations.

Just now, Angel_Octoling said:

I guess Pig sense. I mean, they probably have calendars for it, the ancients who built the temples probably found it and it passed on to the ones we know today. So they probably just knew what day it was gonna happen, and the player just happened to arrive near then.

Otherwise for how they prevented it beforehand, they might not've, or if they did, we don't have an answer. Just speculations.

That is a nice speculation, it's probably very close to the truth. I hope Klei will tell us about it in their stream or by Maxwell's or differend character quotes.

3 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

according to the aporkalypse update notes "The Aporkalypse is here. The pre modern pigs saw it coming, did the math and put the date on a calendar. Oh look, it’s this year. What can be done!" 

Wilson is just unlucky.

Archived