Wormwood Bug, i guess?

Hello Hello,

Hope you all doing good. Hey @Jason Hugo told me you were the one responsible for wormwood so I'm pinging you here.
So I found 2 problems with wormwood which I think they are not intended?

a) If using an Eyebrella/Dumbrella ,the lightning doesn't strike or does damage but he still bursts into flames.
b) If using an Obsidian Armor/Dragonscale Armor wormwood is immune to the fire damage but he still bursts into flames, making him getting frozen from the Ice Finglos or spread the fire to nearby stuff.

Would love to know if this is intended or not?

Best Regards,

Glermz.

a) shouldn't start burning since the lightning is stopped

b) should shouldn't start burning since the armor doesn't cover whole wormwood...

edit: wormwood shouldn't burn in any of the cases as I made an error.

14 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

b) should start burning since the armor doesn't cover whole wormwood...

b) if we go by that, then all characters need to get fire damage, because the armor doesnt cover their whole body.
Also if we going to be that nitpicking, the only part of wormwood that burns is the chest.

13 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

b) should start burning since the armor doesn't cover whole wormwood...

The game doesn't work like that, Obsidian armor grants fire immunity which means he shouldn't be ever on fire. 

I have the same interrogations as the author. Also, I would like to add another question : maybe didn't I find it, but is it intended that Wormwood doesn't have any way to extinguish himself while smoldering in Reign of Giants ?

7 hours ago, Caochu said:

Wormwood doesn't have any way to extinguish himself while smoldering in Reign of Giants ?

He smolders too? Neat! 

Try wetting yourself, or using the ice flingo, perhaps. 

Wormwood smoldering happened to me several times, most of the times if not exclusively (don't remember exactly) when I was in the desert biome, right after a Dragonfly kill or some hounds kills. I suppose that the game tries periodically to smolder something in summer, and the less things there are in the radius of potential smoldering, the more chance Wormwood gets to become lit.

Poop doesn't propose to extinguish, neither did ice. The character will just use it as regular. I ran into my base once, and the ice flingomatic fired me a snowball but missed as I came too fast for him (cobblestones + walking cane + sleek hat). He didn't try to shoot another snowball, and then I caught fire. If Wormwood could just extinguish itself for 5 hp, with poop and ice, just as for a regular smoldering, it would be fine to me. :)

WW - No extinguish.jpg

WW - Willow complex.jpg

WW - Mixtape so lit.jpg

The first time I saw him smoldering I thought "what a nice little feature, cute haha. Well, enough fun, let just exintguish it with somme poop ... Oh no"

Especially when it happened after a Dragonfly kill AND a hound wave that totally caught me by surprise, as shown on the first screenshot :D

Also, another screenshot of Wormwood just after a lightning strike that set him on fire in Shipwrecked, while wearing a Dumbrella. He is gorgeously badass :wilson_cool:

WW - Stand proud in the flame.jpg

Archived