Can you add space exposure to an old save?

I'm still in my 1,000+ day save and I've gotten into rocketry. I've realized that none of it works because my save technically doesn't have outer space (space exposure). Is there a reasonable way that I can add it?

I get the meteor showers and all, but all it does is make the top of the map super hot and fill with Co2.

I`m not sure how the old map looks in the new versions but in theory you should be able to use the sandbox mode to remove the neutronium layer at the top and put some abyssalite then let meteors create a regolith layer on top of it. It could all cause the game to crash or something but lets hope it works. Maybe somebody who actually tried doing it could comment.

I have all that including buildings and a rocket that's ready to go but all of it needs "space exposure" to think it's in space. Like the planetarium can't operate.

I guess I need to edit the file somewhere.

Do you have the space biome? If not, there´s no way to launch a rocket, because its nothing there. 

The fact you can build the stuff, does not mean it will work in an old save. Items are just added, no matter what. 

Biome changes only take effect on creating the world. 

If may be sad for your colony, but thats a side effect of early access. Everything can change so much, your current play will be useless.

But if so, you may wait for a few weeks. The final version will be released at end of may. And they will introduce 2 new biomes then. I dont know if it would bother you, starting now a new game, to discover its missing all the release stuff.

5 hours ago, RJenkos said:

I'm more of looking for a way to edit it in. 

The only chance you have is to do what the first reply says since there is no mod with which one can edit saves (since there is otherwise no need for it), to that degree even. Additionally however, to unlock destinations, you also need to debug-research the planets (Ctrl+F4, not Alt, debug_enabled.txt required, probably. Then just click on research a few times on the star map). If that fails, there is no way unless you get into the code to "fix" this..

Archived