Change room door interactions

The doors in rooms can be hard to click on. I've struggled with them a few times in the past and I've seen streamers do the same.

A few suggestions that could help with this are:

• Larger door hitbox - e.g. doors always go right to the floor/ceiling on the wall
  • Universal door hitbox - all door's hit-boxes be the same
  • Higher priority to walk through doors with the action key - room loading times are insignificant/non-existent so accidentally changing room isn't a concern.
  • Walking through a door changes room automatically - let the player walk through a doorway (past where the current wall is) to change room

Any one of those suggestions would probably solve the problem. I like the idea of walking through doors letting you change room the most because it would be the most natural.

By door I mean anything that's on a side of a room that can be used to change room; not specific doors.

I can only agree with the first 3.
While 4 would be natural, it might be weird.

Also, I'm 99% certain that changing rooms in DS is just them swapping the room/layout from under your feet, and not you actually moving anywhere.

This is why certain room themed bugs appear, such as rooms overlapping each other.

Otherwise, solid suggestions!

I definitely think that entering through a door should have a higher action key priority than things like picking up an item off of a shelf for instance. I almost always use the action key to go through doors, but with the small size of rooms in the slanty shanty, items on shelves or other things are usually too close and get prioritised instead, which is annoying.

Archived