Is allowing skins for single player good idea?

There is DST skins mod for single player and it would work fine, but there is problem. Don't Starve has coop mod and if developed further can be almost like multiplayer with Parsec. Parsec is software that make local coop games online. If single player can be coop with Parsec, then with more features to coop mod, you can have all multiplayer features plus DLC content owned by one player. All that needs happen is for coop mod to allow multiple screens render, process multiple world if a player is there and add more player support. Simulate dedicated server and some DST mechanics probably not that hard either. Add Parsec to the mix and DST not relevant anymore because single player has more DLC content.

31 minutes ago, Charsis said:

There is DST skins mod for single player and it would work fine, but there is problem. Don't Starve has coop mod and if developed further can be almost like multiplayer with Parsec. Parsec is software that make local coop games online. If single player can be coop with Parsec, then with more features to coop mod, you can have all multiplayer features plus DLC content owned by one player. All that needs happen is for coop mod to allow multiple screens render, process multiple world if a player is there and add more player support. Simulate dedicated server and some DST mechanics probably not that hard either. Add Parsec to the mix and DST not relevant anymore because single player has more DLC content.

clearly hard enough that they had to make a whole new game for it.

1 hour ago, Shpee said:

clearly hard enough that they had to make a whole new game for it.

Online multiplayer may be, but this is local coop we talking about, set up to Parsec. Parsec didn't exist few years back and any game with intended online multiplayer right now has online multiplayer built in. With parsec doesn't need to be the case though, so it much easier to mod if local coop with multiple screens and multiple world render is made.

Co-op singleplayer mods existed for a long time before DST ever became reality. It wasn't as clean or functional, and required a ton of coding by the mod creators, as well a both players being side-by-side. If it was a problem for Klei, they would have nixed it years ago.

Skins don't matter, skins aren't pay-to-win. They are visual effects only, and don't change how characters act among each other. 

Skins could be fun in single player but would literally do nothing, just like in DST. I don't get why people are so hung up on this.  

I play the game and hardly notice what other characters wear because I'm so focused on gathering and crafting and fighting and helping us survive. I really don't care what your character LOOKS like, I care how you as a player actually PERFORM as your character. Skins don't change your skill. 

Archived