Got The Ice Staff!

Yello

lets not aruge clearly we need to count how many ice hounds total we have all killed and what percentage gave gemsrember just becuse your first hound dropped a gem it doesn't mean its common its all %as another DS example take krampus (hes the only monster who has a % i rember off the top of my head)his sack has a 1% drop meaning there is a 1/100 chance it will drop not that if you fight him 100 times you will get a sack the % does not increase per encounter heck you may get lucky and get it on your first try you may never get it...or another popular example take starter pokemon all starters have a 75% male ratio meaning you have only a 25% chance or 25 out of 100 games chance to get a female(pokemon its how I learned how % worked)

Edited by stormfront

lets not aruge clearly we need to count how many ice hounds total we have all killed and what percentage gave gemsrember just becuse your first hound dropped a gem it doesn't mean its common its all %as another DS example take krampus (hes the only monster who has a % i rember off the top of my head)his sack has a 1% drop meaning there is a 1/100 chance it will drop not that if you fight him 100 times you will get a sack the % does not increase per encounter heck you may get lucky and get it on your first try you may never get it...or another popular example take starter pokemon all starters have a 75% male ratio meaning you have only a 25% chance or 25 out of 100 games chance to get a female(pokemon its how I learned how % worked)

Actually, we don't need statistical evidence._Q_ and I both found the code, and it's a .2 or 1/5 chance of drop.

I spawned around 30 ice hounds with the testing tools mod and got about 5 gems. I know through experience without looking at the files, that's why I use the mod. xp

Well, the problem with that is that's hardly exact data. It's totally within reason that at a 1/12 spawn rate you get 1/6 spawns. That's just the random nature of statistics.We can just look at the files and quickly deduce exact statistical certainties.