Fuelweaver fight

Hello friends, i am curious how are you guys doing against this beast, as i find it a massive challange to solo or even duo him.

With all the gears, wather pains beequeen crowns an all dat, those damn shadow hands are much more harder to kill than on pc version, as swiching between amulet/armor, bqcrown/helmet and explorer-sword-weatherpain is so challanging, and also targeting the hands with nightmare creatures following is impossible sometimes, also if one of the hands is near weaver, same thing you gonna keep targeting him instead. So it's too damn hard for me, how you guys handling him?

Also, if anyone wants to help me down him, i'm sure a team of 3-4 can do the trick, add me on PSN MrRabbit16 :)

I did it with four people, but with Winonas new catapults I feel like you can make that fight a lot easier by lining the outer rim with catapults. 

5bfac999cd69a_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20181125002947.thumb.jpg.5db91e2c8044babb95a1da1c05c86caf.jpg

1 hour ago, Ma.banae said:

hi
my take on the matter is that they dont care about ps4 and probably are not going to do anything about this problem, i asked here if they are going to add mouse and keyboard feature to ps4 and no answer .

They care about console. Just git gud with a controller :)

I duo'd him with my boyfriend using a few catapults to deal with the crawlies and two stacks of gunpowder to pop the fuelweaver. If you think gunpoweder is cheap. Try it, cause it's actually kinda tricky to place it down and trigger it with the fuelweaver in range. My boyfriend tanked the Weaver with two marble suits, while I went around to place and ignite the gunpoweder. Hope this helps.

(Just remember not to use the stacks of gunpowder within 10 sec of each other. Cause the damage scales if you use another stack too soon.)

On 27.04.2019 at 7:00 AM, AlwysHungry said:

If you think gunpoweder is cheap.

Anything is cheap at this point :D. Thanks for the tips, i'll surely try with catapults, i don't have trouble dealing enough damage to get him to last stage, after that point it starts going wild so i might try gunpowder after that point tho i know it's a bit tricky

• Developer
On 4/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, BeeClops said:

Hello friends, i am curious how are you guys doing against this beast, as i find it a massive challange to solo or even duo him.

With all the gears, wather pains beequeen crowns an all dat, those damn shadow hands are much more harder to kill than on pc version, as swiching between amulet/armor, bqcrown/helmet and explorer-sword-weatherpain is so challanging, and also targeting the hands with nightmare creatures following is impossible sometimes, also if one of the hands is near weaver, same thing you gonna keep targeting him instead. So it's too damn hard for me, how you guys handling him?

Also, if anyone wants to help me down him, i'm sure a team of 3-4 can do the trick, add me on PSN MrRabbit16 :)

Have you tried using target locking to choose a target and stick with it?

If you press down (click) the L stick you should lock on to your current target, and pressing it again should cycle through the targets near you. Hope this helps.

Hey people, I seen this topic and couldn't resist to join in. 

First I'd like to introduce myself shortly, discovered DS and DST about a month and a half ago, tried all the basic characters on vanilla DS before joining DST to spoil myself as less as possible. 

Once on DST I kinda rushed down the game. Did a couple of servers and now on my Long Term Serv I'm day 1600 and I killed all the bosses including misery toadstool couple of days ago. I killed all the bosses solo except misery toadstool we were me (WX) and a girl playing Wigfried, and bee queen where we were 4. I have to say that I killed all the bosses legitly, without cheesy rabbit houses, catapults, eyeplants, shootius etc. 

I nearly posted a rage thread when fighting the Fuelweaver at start, because the shadows hands are basically untargetable when they are too close to the fuelweaver. Wich makes them impossible to clear out with the lazy explorer as I've seen people do on PC. I'm kind of an hardcore player, and think I'm pretty good at games on any platform and type of game, and have to say that this fight and the game itself been very fun to me by all his challenges.

The thing is, there is an option in the settings wich apparently would allow the target locking to be disabled, it just doesn't work because when you switch it to disable, it keeps targeting the fuelweaver instead of the hands. It really made me rage a lot as I thought that changing that setting would simply allow me to attack without any target lock and make my struggle easier against the hands and actually make it possible for me to kill them one by one but it don't. So I went back to base and had to take couple of wheater pains. In my opinion, item switching in the game is kinda tricky but if you train and make a good inventory setup, any good player should be able to manage it eventually. 

The real issue on the fuelweaver is the ****** up target locking in the game on PS4. Same ****** up target locking wich makes newbies destroy the walls of my base as they try to kill moles, cuz on my serv the whole base is built underground and I'm not even gonna start with how laggy this makes the game on this topic.

Why is actually the fuelweaver even targetable on PS4 during this phase as anyway, he's invulnerable ? Considering those targeting issues, as soon as he gets invulnerable on P2 of the fight you shouldn't be able to target him at all, this would make much more sense. 

Feel free to ask for screenshots, or simply add Iznau on PSN if you curious about how I did things or just wanna visit my world. I may post screens of the base on here or reddit as people say they never seen such an underground base. 

Iznau.

Here's a screenshot of my solo fuel weaver setup, you can notice I'm out of map, this happened because I ran while overcharged through the obelisks, it appears that they push you out of map and you are just stuck in the void unless you rollback. 

PS_Messages_20190501_135220.jpg

Will do, remember you from reddit actually you replied on a post in wich I was complaining about public servers on my first days in the game. My base is still not a megabase tho, think it's just a cool underground base, as this was my longest but still learning playthrough. I don't see how to do a megabase underground, cuz atm, because of what we built, more than 3 players makes the serv so laggy its unplayable. Here is a single pic I have for now wich doesn't show much but the main area.

PS_Messages_20190501_144420.jpg

1 minute ago, Iznau said:

Will do, remember you from reddit actually you replied on a post in wich I was complaining about public servers on my first days in the game. My base is still not a megabase tho, think it's just a cool underground base, as this was my longest but still learning playthrough. I don't see how to do a megabase underground, cuz atm, because of what we built, more than 3 players makes the serv so laggy its unplayable. 

Due to the limitations on consoles you can't really have a functioning "megabase" anyway. Surface or Caves. At least not the way PC players make them. 

I can only have 3 other players in my world before the lag makes it unplayable too. The optimal way to go on console is to have developed areas spread out around the map. I can't wait to see what this cave base looks like! I'm a big supporter of players doing things differently.

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

can't wait to see what this cave base looks like! I'm a big supporter of players doing things differently.

I added you so u can take a live tour of it! 

4 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I got a notification for a friend request but didn't see it when I went to accept it. 

Oh sorry might have been buggy, sent u a new one! 

Archived