I'd like a mod to make their eating time take half as long...

it's very possible for such a mod to be made as soon as two prerequisites are met:

1. Klei releases a tutorial/template for what is basically making config file, making it as simple as possible (to just rewrite a line in the code with another or deleted it, easy pin-pointing) OR somebody really wants to go the long way (possibly finding it in the first place) for this
  2. Somebody finds the value which dictates the eating speed which is probably given in kcal consumed per second or frame

As much as I'd very much like to fulfill such little requests like I'd like to fulfill my desires, I am not going to find the long way through all this lingo. I can read (comprehend) quite some code but writing it? Nah~

18 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

it's very possible for such a mod to be made as soon as two prerequisites are met:

1. Klei releases a tutorial/template for what is basically making config file, making it as simple as possible (to just rewrite a line in the code with another or deleted it, easy pin-pointing) OR somebody really wants to go the long way (possibly finding it in the first place) for this
  2. Somebody finds the value which dictates the eating speed which is probably given in kcal consumed per second or frame

I guess #2 is the way here. The class Edible has a method called GetFeedingTime, which returns a float telling how quickly the food in question is being eaten. Just add a postfix and divide the return value by 2, 3 or whatever and if I get it right, the consumption speed will speed up to be 2-3 times faster.

I haven't actually tested this, but that's what I get based on a quick look in the code. It's not like I spent ages looking through the code in order to figure out how to make a mod I don't plan on actually making anyway.

Archived