Pugalisk Wand to Petrify creatures, no freeze them!

Thought freezing was placeholder, but looks like not. I can see why Klei wouldn't make this feature because it is hard to implement with so many assets to set it for. But may be they can somehow do it procedurally? In don't starve together you get moonrock from werepig and hounds with moonstone, so something like that, but with pugalisk wand turning mobs into stone that you can mine would make the item really useful and desirable. If it moves, it loots rock :)

And it could do same when petrifying player, but less OP, so don't freeze player forever (would be bad if you kill it, then stuck petrified), but should deal a lot of damage when it attack you while you are petrified. And of course, pugalisk would be immune to petrification.

The issue with this would be them needing to go in every single existing mob, both base and DLC wise, and add sprites for being petrified. 
Or they could handle it like they did ice, but they'd need to go in and edit the frozen one/make a new animation for them being petrified.

Forge does this, as they turn to stone, they have the sprites for it and have in depth animations for it. (On turn, struggle, break free.) 
I'd love to see the staff petrify mobs rather than freeze them, so I'll hope for this to be a thing in the future. 
Otherwise, this is a nice suggestion I can side with.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:01 AM, Charsis said:

Thought freezing was placeholder, but looks like not. I can see why Klei wouldn't make this feature because it is hard to implement with so many assets to set it for. But may be they can somehow do it procedurally? In don't starve together you get moonrock from werepig and hounds with moonstone, so something like that, but with pugalisk wand turning mobs into stone that you can mine would make the item really useful and desirable. If it moves, it loots rock :)

And it could do same when petrifying player, but less OP, so don't freeze player forever (would be bad if you kill it, then stuck petrified), but should deal a lot of damage when it attack you while you are petrified. And of course, pugalisk would be immune to petrification.

that idea sounds cool but doesn't make much sense that a boss that uses a freezing wave drops loot to petrify stuff.

I hope the wand doesn't have such a quick spoil rate thb.. 4 in-game minutes for a boss loot feels so disappointing.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

that idea sounds cool but doesn't make much sense that a boss that uses a freezing wave drops loot to petrify stuff.

I did suggest this

On 15/04/2019 at 1:01 AM, Charsis said:

Was talking about Pugalisk petrifying player

Archived