Critter drop-off and auto-wrangle

I have a small (1x4) hatchery room with a critter drop-off, a few eggs and not much else. The drop-off has auto-wrangle enabled and the number of critters is set to zero. The idea is that my dupes auto-wrangle the newly hatched critters to one of my ranches.

Except that's not what's happening. Dupes ignore the critters and the errand status says "Pen Status OK". Well, it's not OK: there are more critters in the room than it's supposed to have.

Am I missing anything here?

3 hours ago, M.C. said:

I have a small (1x4) hatchery room with a critter drop-off, a few eggs and not much else. The drop-off has auto-wrangle enabled and the number of critters is set to zero. The idea is that my dupes auto-wrangle the newly hatched critters to one of my ranches.

Except that's not what's happening. Dupes ignore the critters and the errand status says "Pen Status OK". Well, it's not OK: there are more critters in the room than it's supposed to have.

Am I missing anything here?

Are they still babies or have they grown into adults? 

If they're still babies, that's the issue. Ranchers don't auto-wrangle babies. (In fact, I don't think you can manually wrangle babies). 

If they're adults, no clue. Auto wrangle was working fine last I played (2 days ago). 

5 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

Are they still babies or have they grown into adults? 

If they're still babies, that's the issue. Ranchers don't auto-wrangle babies. (In fact, I don't think you can manually wrangle babies). 

If they're adults, no clue. Auto wrangle was working fine last I played (2 days ago). 

They are still babies. Manual wrangling works just fine (that's how I got them out). Let's see if they get wrangled automatically once they become adults.

Edit: Huh. It does work the way you described it. TIL.

13 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

(In fact, I don't think you can manually wrangle babies).

You can. The babies of wrangleable critters have the wrangled animation but the critters that can only be autowrangled like shinebugs don`t.

Archived