Random Starmap Distances

Hello,

I enjoy your game very much and all the effort you put into it, so thank you Klei.

May I suggest to randomize the distances of space objects like asteroids, so it's not always about traveling to exactly 10000, 20000 etc. kilometres? I would really enjoy it, because then you have to adjust the exact amount of fuel you need every time, to not waste anything.

It would also feel more natural to me.

Thank you again! :)

6 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Its already hard enough for most of the people to calculate hard numbers. If they start to make wierd distances, most of the players will have a hard time. 

Not really. If you want to be extremely efficient, Yes.
However someone like myself would set up different rockets of varying distance and leave it at that.
I don't like to micro manage everything.
This rocket catches all 0-30 range 31-60 range and so on.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:48 AM, ThirdEye said:

Hello,

I enjoy your game very much and all the effort you put into it, so thank you Klei.

May I suggest to randomize the distances of space objects like asteroids, so it's not always about traveling to exactly 10000, 20000 etc. kilometres? I would really enjoy it, because then you have to adjust the exact amount of fuel you need every time, to not waste anything.

It would also feel more natural to me.

Thank you again! :)

However. An asteroid at 150K takes 2000 fuel and then you decide to get the asteroid at 148K.
Takes 1990 fuel.
You really want to micro manage that much.
Just launch the rocket and get back. It already takes 50 some cycles to get there. You waste time setting it up. If you have a constant loop running. When you change the setting it dumps all fuel already inside.
I'm sure you can produce more than enough fuel to have a little for waste in that amount of time.

Well I find it really strange that there is this very detailed description of how far a rocket can go, when in the end it only has to go to exactly 10000km. And what bugs me is that you won't get back any surplus of fuel. Also I think it's very important to micromanage in this game (since it's all about micromanaging, isn't it?) - especially regarding the production of oxylite. It's easy to set up a system.

Also there is no need for a calculator, since you can adjust how much fuel pumps or dupes put into the engines in the first place. If it's not enough, just add some kg to the slider. ;)

Archived