Pls increase a bit the drop chance for blue gems (Smashing Pots and Petri Eggs)

Now that finally the devs have figured out the way they wanted the cracks to work, I'm encountering a bit of an issue finding blue gems on new generated worlds.

Stalagmites used to drop them sometimes in the main branch, but in the BETA I haven't seen any at all in new generated worlds. can someone check the files if the devs changed blue gems drop rates from stalagmites?

And for some reason I get more orange and green and yellow gems from the Smashing Pots and no blues or reds (??) This might be a problem with the drop chances for rare items. So many rare items have the same drop rate percentage... 

Drop Chance Items
15% TwigsCut Grass
7% Pig SkinRot LogCut Reeds
4% JerkyBone ShardsSeedsJet FeatherCrimson FeatherAzure Feather
2% Gold NuggetSilkScorpionRabid BeetleRope
0.9% Nightmare FuelLiving LogHound's ToothRed GemPurple GemBlue GemOrange GemYellow GemGreen Gem
0.2% Thulecite

I think blue ones should drop a bit more frequently to compensate for the changes, maybe 1,5%?

Also another thing, we also need a bunch of blue ones to inspect the peculiar trees and to build more tinker shops

One nice way to solve it might be to add one guaranteed blue gem in the Smashing Pot in front of the Pig Village Ruins entrance. That way you don't feel your progress is getting somehow delayed in the pig ruins. 

I usually go explore the ruins with the magnifying glass in hand first to find the cracks with rooms and then I come back with the necessary explosives to save inventory space and being more effective. It's clear to me this is what the devs intended in the first place.

BTW, the only more or less higher chances for a blue gem I found is BFB's nest by hammering the petrified eggs.

Petrified Egg               Pickaxe Opulent Pickaxe              RocksRed GemBlue GemPurple Gem

There is no guarantee tho... Maybe that could be also something to consider. Making one egg to guarantee one blue gem. I must admit I force-close and relog to get at least one initial blue in there cuz it's the only somehow consistent way to get them in a new generated world and I rush it with the whistle for it.

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

how do you use particular things i have no idea how that works

If you see a discolored tree, (or a normal rock) hover your mouse over it.
If it says Peculiar, then you use a magnifying glass, your character will either say it's normal, or that there's something there.
If something's there, mine the boulder, or chop the tree and dig up the stump.
You'll get a trinket from it.

13 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I must admit I relog to get at least one initial blue in there cuz it's the only somehow consistent way to get them in a new generated world and I rush it with the whistle for it.

The term "relog" refers to reloading a world by exiting it and loading it again, which is even done every time you go through the sky/seaworthy or through a cave entrance/exit. What you're doing would be better referred to as "force-closing" or "rolling back", though the latter wouldn't be 100% accurate, it's still closer than "relog".

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

The term "relog" refers to reloading a world by exiting it and loading it again, which is even done every time you go through the sky/seaworthy or through a cave entrance/exit. What you're doing would be better referred to as "force-closing" or "rolling back", though the latter wouldn't be 100% accurate, it's still closer than "relog".

yeap.. you are right I didn't use the correct term in there... already edited..

btw-- this is relevant to the suggestion cuz... reasons? doesn't change the drop chance, does it? I was pretty honest to admit why I "force-close" there and I think it was pretty much implied what I meant. Ty anyways for the note on that.

Archived