Coming Back to the closed beta from 2014

Are you still opted-in to the beta through Steam?

Right-click on the game in your library, and select "Properties". Go to the "Betas" tab, and make sure the drop-down shows:

NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

Save/close.

Right-click on the game again and select "Properties". Go to the "Local Files" tab, and select "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

Close the menu. You can try to play the game again, but typically I recommend shutting down Steam and restarting it before doing so, just to make sure nothing is being cached in the background. You may even need to restart your computer.

4 hours ago, imsomony said:

Right-click on the game in your library, and select "Properties". Go to the "Betas" tab, and make sure the drop-down shows:

Save/close.

Right-click on the game again and select "Properties". Go to the "Local Files" tab, and select "Verify Integrity of Game Files".

Close the menu. You can try to play the game again, but typically I recommend shutting down Steam and restarting it before doing so, just to make sure nothing is being cached in the background. You may even need to restart your computer.

and you may even need to install windows xp :p

15 hours ago, imsomony said:

Save/close.

I never had the closed beta...

Makes me nostalgic.

Those wonderful times where you basicaly had limited amount of lives since there were no ways of restoring max hp and you ended up with about 20% of you hp permamently. I resorted to spawning a bunch of amulets.

And also crashes... or that very weird tiny fire after haunting something. Or creating a ghost army after haunting graves. Come to think of it I didn't check if it's still possible.

4 hours ago, MrNaxeros said:

Makes me nostalgic.

Those wonderful times where you basicaly had limited amount of lives since there were no ways of restoring max hp and you ended up with about 20% of you hp permamently. I resorted to spawning a bunch of amulets.

And also crashes... or that very weird tiny fire after haunting something. Or creating a ghost army after haunting graves. Come to think of it I didn't check if it's still possible.

haunting graves to spawn a ghost? not working i just tried

Archived