Help! Game crash caused corrupted data

Hi everyone, since the recent wortox update the game has been crashing in-game + infinite loading screen, so I stopped playing waiting for bug fixes, however I only joined to get my daily gift… :( infinite loading at logging in, then I clicked play offline and tried to connect again in the main menu, game crashed blue screen and when I started the game again I got this screen… I don’t know which one to choose and they all seem irreversible, first time seeing this menu. Help plz!

Checking ps4 system files says it’s corrupted, I tried to sign in with another account using this one as a second controller(split screen) in hope to at least get the daily gift but the menu popped there as well!

59D37D71-83D9-4592-B355-45231376E827.jpeg

Fixed! Choose restore backup… whew I am relieved, the options were scary 

i know it sounds obvious but I thought restore backup could mean using external device or cloud which I don’t have a backup of, also when you click it it says that “Are you sure? It can’t be undone”

Just a friendly reminder to all you who run long term worlds; BACK UP YOUR FILES. Either upload system storage to the PSN cloud, external HD, or flash drive. It takes 5 minutes and can save you from losing months of work. More updates are coming and so are a brand new batch of bugs in the process. 

PROTECT YOUR PROGRESS. BACK UP YOUR SAVES. 

The other option (the one that i use) if you have PS+ is to use the cloud save as your backup. I don't have anything to backup my files to, so i turn off automatic upload and just manually save to the cloud at the end of each day. I guarantee that it works as my file has been corrupted twice and all i lost was a few hours of gameplay. Just don't forget to manually save it otherwise you'll restore the file back to the day you turned off the automatic upload.

6 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

That world is gone man . Happened to me to at one point , I feel your pain.

1 hour ago, Rogueagent01 said:

The other option (the one that i use) if you have PS+ is to use the cloud save as your backup. I don't have anything to backup my files to, so i turn off automatic upload and just manually save to the cloud at the end of each day. I guarantee that it works as my file has been corrupted twice and all i lost was a few hours of gameplay. Just don't forget to manually save it otherwise you'll restore the file back to the day you turned off the automatic upload.

I used the second option without any backup and it worked!, first time in my life in gaming seeing corrupted data being fixed

• Developer

The backup is automatically created every time the game saves. So if your save becomes corrupted by a blue screen crash or some other strangeness you should, in theory, always be able to choose RESTORE BACKUP on that dialog to go back to how things were the last time the game did a successful autosave.

That being said, if you're really invested in your worlds then it's always better to have another backup, either in the cloud or an a USB device, in case something goes really wrong.

• Developer

The next update will also make this pop-up a bit more clear. Since "Restore Backup" is what you most likely want to be doing it will be at the top and you won't have to confirm it. And since you probably *don't* want to overwrite your save it will have a warning and confirmation, which it doesn't have right now.

On 06/04/2019 at 9:52 AM, CharlesB said:

The next update will also make this pop-up a bit more clear. Since "Restore Backup" is what you most likely want to be doing it will be at the top and you won't have to confirm it. And since you probably *don't* want to overwrite your save it will have a warning and confirmation, which it doesn't have right now.

there's a massive issue with PS4 and DST.  either I understand or re enable dont work. game does not go to online mode even via shops

Archived