Can accounts with family sharing still get skin drops while playing?

So im playing the game from a steam account that doesnt own the game but can use it via family sharing. Now recently when I decided to play the game again after a break I havent gotten a single gift pop up in the top left corner. Before I used to get them at least once an hour or so. I know that I cant get those login gifts on a shared account and to get those I have to log on the account that actually owns the game on steam. So can I only get gifts while using the account that owns the game?

Are family shared accounts excluded from the drop system now or what? Also dont tell me to just use the account that owns the game. I have all of my skins and stuff on the family shared account since I own most of my games on that account as well.

• Developer

Yes, you should be able to earn skins drops in-game while using a family sharing account. Can you post your client_log.txt file after a play session, and we'll look into what's going on with your account.

9 hours ago, PeterA said:

Yes, you should be able to earn skins drops in-game while using a family sharing account. Can you post your client_log.txt file after a play session, and we'll look into what's going on with your account.

Here's the file: (I copied it just incase I manage to mess something up and delete my saves)

client_log – copy.txt

• Developer
13 hours ago, JeseDS said:

Here's the file: (I copied it just incase I manage to mess something up and delete my saves)

I checked and your account appears to be working fine, though it looks like you just haven't accumulated enough time yet.

16 hours ago, BlindGunner said:

Same issue here, thought it was just disabled for family sharing. Attached the log of a ~10 day file that didn't get any gifts (also no daily gift). Thanks in advance!

According to our logs you got an item yesterday on your account, but it hasn't been opened yet. You'll need to go into game to see it.

Interesting... It wasn't there last time but I logged in and was able to open it when I launched a world. Hope that doesn't mean I'll have to relog every so often to check for gifts :p Also, just to confirm, shared accounts can't get the daily gifts? Thanks!

Is it confirmed that we never gonna be able to get daily gifts on family shared accounts? I mean I got the idea of not being able to abuse the system, but at least make it so that only 1 account could get it per day. I guess I am not the only one owning the game on an account while playing it on a different one

On 7.4.2019 at 4:36 AM, Rinigand said:

Is it confirmed that we never gonna be able to get daily gifts on family shared accounts? I mean I got the idea of not being able to abuse the system, but at least make it so that only 1 account could get it per day. I guess I am not the only one owning the game on an account while playing it on a different one

I would like to know if shared accounts will ever be able to get daily gifts as well.

Also I havent still gotten a skin drop while playing and im over 10 days in...

• Developer
14 hours ago, JeseDS said:

Also I havent still gotten a skin drop while playing and im over 10 days in.

The logs don't show anymore playtime accumulating on your account. It's possible that a bad internet connection has lost some of your plaaytime.

Regarding the shared accounts not getting daily gifts, that's correct. That's the current working implementation. 

• Developer
Just now, Rinigand said:

Does this mean that you guys are planning to change it anytime in the future?

It's not planned at the moment, but I said currently, because nothing is written in stone.

Archived