[BETA] Will progress be saved?

So currently I'm on a day 450 world, and I have turned on the beta branch for about 10 days now, day 460. When the beta is over, will my progress be kept, as in I don't have to redo that time spent, or will it go back in time to when it was day 450? 

1 hour ago, Pooping_Pete said:

So currently I'm on a day 450 world, and I have turned on the beta branch for about 10 days now, day 460. When the beta is over, will my progress be kept, as in I don't have to redo that time spent, or will it go back in time to when it was day 450? 

I'm pretty sure the only thing separating the beta and normal are the file names, I think you can just rename your beta files to whatever its normally called to use the new file although I'm not 100% sure its worth a shot though, make sure to backup your file first.

This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game.  You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() 
Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. 

You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

36 minutes ago, Averagewx78main said:

Back up your worlds if you want to keep progress

?? I posted the quote already to respond to OP with Joe's post

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game.  You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() 
Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. 

You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.

Archived