Decor and light iteraction

Hey ppl its me again, so for me lights should increase the maximum recieved decor of the lit area, just that you see more beauty around and so on, as they are lights are only a problem because of heat, or useful for farms. Maybe bonus mv speed or working speed like on oil refineries and everything " tinkering " " related because " you work better on a lit area ?" . 

What you guys think about it?

I`d like the idea of light increasing move and work speed. Multiplying the decor value is interesting. You would want it in high decor zones so they can see the high decor better but not in low decor zones so they won`t see the ugly stuff.

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I`d like the idea of light increasing move and work speed. Multiplying the decor value is interesting. You would want it in high decor zones so they can see the high decor better but not in low decor zones so they won`t see the ugly stuff.

Yeap! and even gives the choice for metal refinery for example " did i want a faster work or do not take to much decor penalty". In this case i think everyone would chose faster work but you see the point.

23 hours ago, natanstarke said:

Maybe bonus mv speed or working speed like on oil refineries and everything " tinkering " " related because " you work better on a lit area ?" . 

I think this is an excellent idea. It would give a tangible purpose to lighting for dupes and pull players in the direction of providing as much lighting as possible. In addition, it presents the players with more heating issues as they expand their lighting.

11 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

If the bonus was significant, you might even sacrifice decor for it.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:10 AM, natanstarke said:

Hey ppl its me again, so for me lights should increase the maximum recieved decor of the lit area, just that you see more beauty around and so on, as they are lights are only a problem because of heat, or useful for farms. Maybe bonus mv speed or working speed like on oil refineries and everything " tinkering " " related because " you work better on a lit area ?" . 

What you guys think about it?

I would rather that Decor increases the decor in the area by say, 5%. More intense-light could bump it up to 10%. Does that you don't need lights everywhere you go, but they do help.

Archived